Which SharePoint is free
Instructions: Set up a free test environment for SharePoint 2013
If you want to test Sharepoint 2013, you have various options. A Windows Server is always required - either 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2. What is unfortunately no longer possible with the new Sharepoint Server is an installation on Windows 7 or 8 clients, as was still possible with Sharepoint 2010 (as described here). For this, the Windows 8 client offers an installation in Hyper-V as an alternative. How to set up step by step:
1. Windows Server 2012 - also available free of charge
Because not everyone wants to buy a Windows server license to try it out, Microsoft also offers free test options. Windows Server 2012 is available for download as a 180-day test version, either as an .ISO installation image (also in German) or as a .VHD image for the Hyper-V VM environment (only in English).
2. Hyper-V - the new virtual machine in Windows 8
The Hyper-V variant is particularly suitable in connection with Windows 8, because it drastically simplifies the setup of the server environment. Thanks to the virtual machine integrated into the client for the first time, test environments can be set up quickly and without impairing the productive system - provided there is enough memory available.
However, the Hyper-V component must first be installed in Windows 8. The installation dialog can be found in the somewhat hidden system control component “Activate or deactivate Windows features”. The best way to navigate there is to search for the term “Features”, filtered under “Settings”.
3. Download Sharepoint Server 2013 or Foundation
The next question is which Sharepoint variant should be used. If the basic functions are sufficient to test simpler scenarios, then the free Sharepoint Foundation 2013 is sufficient. However, Microsoft is currently still offering the Sharepoint Foundation 2013 as a preview for download.[UPDATE] The final version SharePoint Foundation 2013 for download ready.The same applies to the Sharepoint Server 2013 trial version, which so far can only be downloaded as a preview. MSDN and Technet subscribers as well as users with volume license agreements have been able to download the final packages of the Office 2013 family for a few days.
4. Install prerequisites
Like their predecessors, Sharepoint Foundation and Server 2013 require a number of additional services, the “Prerequesites”, which are imported before the actual installation. If there is no internet connection on the test server or there are other problems, the prerequisites can be downloaded individually via these links:
5. SQL Server 2012
Sharepoint Server 2013 also requires the installation of SQL Server 2012. Microsoft is also making this available as a test version for download - in three versions:
- SQL Server 2012 32-bit (2.5 GB)
- SQL Server 2012 32-bit (2.5 GB)
- SQL Server 2012 as a DVD ISO image with the 32- and 64-bit version (4.2 GB)
- What is radical 3 times radical 3
- Supports Docker Libvirt Api
- What is Justin Bieber's biggest mistake?
- Why doesn't God destroy my narcissistic family
- What was your favorite wedding present
- Why are many influential EDM DJs Dutch?
- Are Dolby Atmos speakers different
- Why is distilled water an insulator
- Who are you to ignore good advice
- Why was the Maine Constitution written
- Is PHPMyAdmin offline
- What is sandy loam
- Why is oxygen released from plants
- How can I improve my musical voice
- How do I learn something great
- Do you respect your children
- How Much Vitamin E Do I Need
- What's the best bar in Colorado
- What are some examples of spirit animals
- How's the song Uptown Funk going
- Reading free e-books is stealing
- Might beat Eight Gate Guy DMS Kakashi
- How can someone improve their vision quickly
- The Canon MX494 printer prints photos