What are your tips when buying online
Online shopping is one of the most popular online activities in Germany: According to the DsiN security index, 70 percent of all internet users shop online. Only writing and receiving e-mails is used by even more people. There are many possibilities and choices in digital shopping: there are no shop opening times and the desired product is conveniently delivered to your doorstep. It doesn't matter whether you order from the shipping giant or from a small online shop.
Do you know the risks involved in shopping online?
For most online shops, buyers need a customer account, which they can use to store their order, shipping and account details. So a lot of data that fraudsters are also after. Basically, you should make sure that you secure your accounts in online shops and platforms well, use secure logins and use strong passwords. The Spy on access data is the most common security incident when shopping online: Around 8.3 percent of all Internet users were affected in 2020.
Recently, however, the number of cases ofPayment fraud in the network (from 5.0 to 9.7 percent) and fromCredit card fraud (from 4.5 to 7.9 percent). In addition, fraudsters disguise themselves more and more often as supposed online retailers and lure them with unbeatable ones Offered by email. However, the actual target is often the data of those affected who get into the hands of fraudsters via infected links or fake pages.
Image source: DsiN safety index 2020
You should follow these rules
These basic DsiN rules help ensure that your online shopping is not only convenient, but also safe:
- Look out for the seal of approval: Although most consumers know seals of approval for online shops, according to the DsiN security index, only half pay attention to them. A look at the seal can prevent nasty surprises.
- Recognize fake shops: Not every online shop is real. Be critical if offers seem too cheap to you. In addition to the seal of approval, also check the imprint. If the Internet address displayed in the browser differs from the name of the shop, close the page immediately.
- Also be careful with classified ads: Fraudsters also pretend to be sellers and buyers on classified ads portals. Pay attention to reviews from other users and be skeptical about offers that are too good. Only accept prepayment from trustworthy providers.
- Pay attention to secure payment processes: When shopping in stores, you can choose whether to pay in cash, by direct debit (e.g. EC card) or credit card - this is also the case on the Internet. There are also separate payment systems for the Internet. With the help of a previously created account with one of the payment system providers, you only enter sensitive data such as bank details or credit card number once into this payment system. Make sure you have a secure connection when paying on the Internet. You can recognize this by the https introduction or the lock symbol in the address line of the browser.
- No online shopping in the internet cafe: Make online purchases only from your own computer. Your data is less protected in the Internet café or in the open WLAN. Check your bank statements regularly.
- First aid in case of fraud:If you do not know the direct debit, contact your bank or credit institute as soon as possible and have the booking canceled. Notify the provider and immediately change your passwords for all online shops and service providers you know.
Meanwhile, numerous online guides and workshops deal with the correct and safe shopping behavior on the Internet. Numerous banks also provide advice on safe online shopping. Find out whether your provider also has specific offers of help for you.
- What is 200 centimeters in 4 meters
- What makes a conductor good or bad?
- Support radical feminists trans people
- What is the best Indian desert
- I deserve it better
- How can I convert 720p to 1080p
- Which degree is best before the MBA
- How do I get mug shots of Texas inmates
- Why is Nebraska so empty
- What do you think of Nepalese politics
- Which country is best at dealing with criminals
- What are the most informative media sources
- What was your romantic first kiss story
- What is the specific heat capacity
- Who destroyed Takshashila and why
- Is the characterization of Thomas Jeffersons in Hamilton correct?
- What is certified internal audit
- How much do cancer researchers earn
- How many are sufficient grades for AIATS
- What is the controversy with taking vitamins
- How was the physics board exam CBSE
- Meth can cause bipolar syndrome
- What business in india will lakhs give
- How will Tesla fail