What is the opposite of Magnum Opus
ESC - TechBlog
There are such nice terms like Single point of failure, Bottleneck, Standalone, Unmanaged, Local logging, Local management, Never touch a running system. etc. Ever heard of it? Hopefully not in the vicinity of your network perimeter!
The opposite of that are redundancy, Fault tolerance, Distributed deployment, central management, Monitoring & Logging, managed switches, separate circuits, Topicality all software and hardware components. Wow!
The latter terms should actually be the goals of every IT administration. However, practice often shows that only the components of central importance (firewall, proxy, mail server, ESX server, etc.) are designed redundantly in order to then eke out their existence on simple, partly unmanaged switches and routers. A consistently planned and stringently implemented redundancy to increase the stability and availability of all network components, however, considers all components involved in the network structure. This includes the logical conception of a distributed system through to separate circuits for the redundant power supply units.
Aids such as color codes and naming conventions are not only desirable, but from our point of view indispensable in order to help avoid administrative errors in the planning process as well as in the later implementation & maintenance and to clearly define how and where something is between all those involved based on which conception is configured.
A conceptual network plan should therefore always be created in advance for general illustration, in which the switches are also clustered or stacked. HSRP for the ISP router and LACP for bundling physical network connections would also be conceivable.
- This is how you manage your personal e-book library
- Which traditional Israeli food is worth checking out
- What is the full form of IRSME
- What are the benefits of not shaving
- Did Nelson Mandela ever write in Afrikaans
- Why does copper smell so bad
- Who would win Superman against Doomsday?
- EBay learned from the Amazons business model
- What is learned from video game design
- What is the benefit of image processing outsourcing
- Purim is considered a religious holiday
- When can I wear my kilt
- What's your perfect hamburger
- What is the downside to skipping
- Why and how did feudalism come about
- What is nice about people
- What is an airtable database
- What are your 10 laws of humanity
- Is the physical geography better for IAS
- Apple invented the keynote terminology
- How can you graph functions with MATLAB
- Hates Darth Vader Obi Wan Kenobi
- What is the nicest logo
- Where are strange quarks found