What is the salary of a MP
Office equipment on top
In addition to the diets, the MPs receive a tax-free lump sum and a so-called office equipment, which should help them to effectively exercise their mandate. The flat-rate fee covers the maintenance costs of constituency offices, travel costs in the constituency, the second home in Berlin or, for example, the postage for letters and the like. The flat rate is currently 4,305.46 euros per month. It is adjusted annually on January 1st to reflect the cost of living. For this, a member of parliament cannot claim a cent in income-related expenses separately for tax purposes.
An idea behind the flat rate: The tax offices belong to the executive and should not have to control which expenses a member of parliament needs for his mandate and which not. After all, it is parliament that controls the executive and not the other way around. The flat rate should therefore do justice to the principle of free mandate enshrined in the constitution.
Office equipment, on the other hand, includes benefits in kind and cash for employees and travel. The MPs are entitled to a furnished office in the Bundestag for themselves and their employees (currently 54 square meters), including communication devices. On top of that, there is a free ticket for Deutsche Bahn and you will also be reimbursed for the costs of domestic flights. In the urban area of Berlin, parliamentarians can also use company vehicles. In the constituency, they have to drive their own vehicles.
- What's your favorite song from the 1940s?
- What should we look for in YouTube
- How to Block Some Facebook Accounts
- What time does Powerball draw tonight
- How much is the child tax credit worth
- When shouldn't you fall in love?
- What is a non-secular state
- Is Dubsmash useful
- Is God racist towards me?
- How big is the pelican
- How do I enter samadhi?
- What's your favorite saying why
- Why don't we eat when we have a fever?
- The Vedas say Lord Shiva as the highest
- What happens when you meet a narcissist
- Who designed the Linux penguin
- Who is the K Pop group BTS
- Why did the dinosaurs die out
- Why is the soil on the river bank fertile
- Has the RFC conscription aircrew
- How much do sellers earn at Box
- What is Adam Smith known for?
- What things make a rocket successful
- Which is better SIMS or NMIMS Bangalore
- Which is the safe city for travel
- What's the greatest action movie of all time
- Which is the best institute from AWS
- What are the solution for the demonstration
- To what extent does drinking promote creativity
- Why am I excessively thirsty?
- Which devices can run iOS 12?
- The end of Pakistan is near
- How can I practice my biochemistry degree?
- Brits ever go ice fishing