Can dissolve air in water
On the website on the solubility of air in water, we reported on the differences between oxygen and nitrogen.
Above all, it is astonishing that oxygen and nitrogen are present in the air in a volume ratio of O: N = 1: 4, but oxygen is highly enriched in water. Here the volume ratio of the dissolved gases O: N is 1: 1.8. Exactly: At 0 C, 10.3 ml O can be dissolved in 1 liter of water2 and 18.1 ml of N2.
Because of the many inquiries, we derive these values once. But be careful: the whole thing is a bit complicated ...
That’s what’s behind it Henry-Dalton's law: The solubility of a gas at a given temperature is proportional to its pressure. In the case of gas mixtures, the solubility is proportional to the partial pressures of the gases (ideally assumed).
In the following it means to pay close attention: Because we have to differentiate between pure gases and gas mixtures.
Dissolve in 1 liter of water at 0 C
(1a) oxygen: VO2 = 49.1 cm3
(1b) nitrogen: VN2 = 23.2 cm3
You can find out by chemical analysis.
Gas mixture (clean air):
The partial pressures pi of the two gases correspond to their proportion in the air: 0.21 atm (O2) or 0.78 atm (N.2). (The missing 0.1 atm relates to the noble gases.)
In water, the volume ratio of the dissolved gases O: N is actually 1: 1.8.
Further texts on the subject of `` water ''
- Did Hanuman lose a battle in Ramayana
- What is meant by the length of the column
- What is the power of a desire
- Studied Vivekanand at UCL
- How often is nozzle fuel refilled
- What is Steven Spielberg's weakness
- What does an associated software developer do
- What does significantly different mean in statistics
- What happens so many years after death
- What is the simplest military branch
- Where can I quickly invest money online
- Regret entering software development
- What is FAA point in Amway
- Is consumption good for us?
- What do C ++ developers think of Scala
- How do I use the Tasker app
- How can you impress someone
- What is the best pipe construction course
- Is gelatin halal
- Is there a tea made from cotton fiber
- How can I study logic independently
- Should I give up my novel?
- Can ISRO compete with NASA
- How to remotely control an armed drone
- What is wood turning
- Who is your favorite character at Blizzard Entertainment
- Is liberalism a new form of communism
- What is the smallest planet ever discovered
- What is Ohio's average snowfall
- How are chamaeleons as pets
- Miley Cyrus is an only child
- Would you like to see Precure someday?
- Kills talcum powder bugs
- Is Russia's real enemy actually China?