Why is Java so famous
First of all: Yes, programming languages can be ends in themselves. Obviously they don't feel that way, but I enjoy getting to know new concepts and facing new challenges. In the last few years I have learned some programming languages, some superficially, others in detail. I had a lot of fun doing it.
They don't see why new programming languages can make programs more error-free. I'll just assume that you've never programmed in Rust or Typescript.
Rust introduces the new concept of "ownership", which can prevent data races by checking at compile time. None of your legacy languages can offer this feature. The fact that the compiler prevents certain things also forces the developer to think better about what he is actually doing there. Try it out and you'll find out. The language offers first-class possibilities for asynchronous programming, for network programming, for low-level programming without the baggage of 40 years that C ++ has to lug around with, because every few years you haphazardly add new features without being able to remove old errors.
I don't even know how you can get interested in computers in the first place. After all, mankind has survived the last 4000 years using slide rules as well. These can be understood by everyone regardless of any language, and they just work. No bugs, no internet, no open source, no levels of abstraction, just the right thing for your needs.
Seriously, if everyone mistrusted progress as much as they did, if the inventor of the fire ran away in fear, if the inventor of the wheel had waited for TÜV certification before daring to use it, we would still live in caves. Times change, and COBOL is really not suitable for modern uses
- How accurate are drug sniffers
- I think people can hear my thoughts
- When can I wear my kilt
- What are the logarithmic relationships or rules
- What is the least popular irrational number
- Where do kissing bugs come from
- What parameter can unite all Indians
- What is your take on mainstream religion
- Why do cats love snow
- What is it like to be heartbroken
- What is an anti-causal system
- What does two grain mean
- Is Katrina Kaif secretly with someone
- What should I do on my 12th vacation
- Which companies host servers on laptops
- Was Ron Swanson an idiot?
- What is the best fighting technique
- What is the function of the instrumentation
- How do I grow hair on the hairline
- Which statistics courses are available online
- How romantic is the first night
- Got the Irish Army guided missiles
- How much can we make with Bet365
- Are there languages without honors?