What does AMI stand for in technology
MATSE and AMI - the new dual course at ORDIX AG
With the 2018/2019 winter semester, ORDIX AG entered into a new cooperation with the Aachen University of Applied Sciences. I am the first student to complete his studies as part of this cooperation. In the following I would like to introduce you to my dual studies and tell you something about my first semester at ORDIX AG in Cologne.
What do MATSE and AMI stand for?
MATSE stands for "mathematical-technical software developer" and AMI for "applied mathematics and computer science", which was formerly known as "scientific programming". So at ORDIX AG I am doing a fully integrated dual study AMI with an IHK training for MATSE I at the Aachen University of Applied Sciences, which has a location in Cologne Müngersdorf.
As the name suggests, the focus of my studies is heavily on mathematics. After the September block course had prepared the basis, the basic mathematics training began with the modules Analysis 1 and Linear Algebra 1. At the same time we learned to program in Java and got basic knowledge of various IT topics.
The main areas of study
The name of the training actually reveals everything here. In the mathematical focus we get to know many mathematical algorithms and procedures that are used in areas such as numerical simulation, stochastics or optimization. The technical focus relates to areas such as technical informatics or IT systems.
The area of development, which unites both topics, is superordinate to this. You get to know the process of software development (requirements and design technology, implementation, quality, documentation and project organization), familiarize yourself with databases and data structures and gain initial experience with the most diverse types of data communication.
But that was all just the foundation course. In the compulsory elective area, you can expect exciting topics such as complex mathematical simulations, artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning or big data.
If you want to think outside the box, you can take modules such as business administration, physics, scientific publishing or project management.
What is the point of theory without practice?
True to this motto, I was able to gain a lot of practical experience in my first semester. Despite the unusual rhythm (I don't have a classic theoretical phase, but only go to the university every other week during the lecture period), I was able to actively help in projects in our internal microservice environment. I was mainly working on our vacation management app, but I was also partly involved in the calendar app or the employee dashboard. I worked at the same time on the frontend, which we implement with Angular, and on the backend, which uses the Spring framework / Spring Boot. It was a lot of fun developing something in the background that you then use directly in the front end.
I was very happy to feel that I was doing something useful from the start. Everything that I was involved in or worked on completely independently is in use today. And let's be honest: What could be nicer than giving your colleagues a stress-free vacation?
So I look back on a very successful first semester and look forward to new challenges!
- Is playing mind games regularly an advantage?
- What do you want to believe
- Have you ever enjoyed being bullied?
- How would a life be without desires
- Why is a transformer not turning?
- Which is the best tennis coaching in Hyderabad
- What counts as a NATO ball
- The Weinstein company will be on its feet
- How can I safely remove a scab
- Why can't I upload videos to Twitter?
- What is the kidney threshold
- How can you tare a directory?
- Does dark matter have something to do with quantum physics?
- How many types of trypanosomes are there
- Can intelligence be inherited 2
- Top Five Unknown Stephen King Novels
- Which foods naturally whiten your teeth
- Is there a Mexican emigration in Canada
- How can you identify South Indians
- Is work done by energy or force
- What is a microorganism in sewage
- How about go long containers
- Where does Katy Perry live
- What is the national tree of Laos
- Pay ShareASale through PayPal
- What causes a romantic obsession
- What is the origin of left anti-Semitism
- What is internet protocol and explain IP10
- What are the most educational card games
- How do I enter samadhi?
- What is 10 divided by 3
- Which acid reacts with glass
- Are Sennheiser gaming headphones good
- What's your best Halloween idea