How is the hotel industry structured?
Strategic management for the hotel industry
2.1 Delimitation, structure and special features of the hotel industry | 21 2.1.2 Structure of the accommodation industry in Germany Table 2.1 shows the number and distribution of the individual types of hotel and non-hotel business including the number of guest rooms and beds available: Tab.2.1: Number of accommodation establishments, units and beds offered in Germany (as of 2017) (source: IHA, 2018, p. 47 according to the Federal Statistical Office). Type of operation Establishments total number of establishments open Guest rooms Available beds Hotels 13,219 12,575 605,457 1,124,759 Bed and breakfast hotels 7,277 6,668 206,761 379,104 Guest houses 6,978 6,513 90,791 165,061 Guest houses 5,230 4,591 60,681 109,492 Hotels, bed and breakfast hotels, inns, guest houses 32,704 30,347 963,690 1,778,452 Recreational homes 1,658,452 81,426 kA 102,527 holiday centers 117 99 n / a 55,256 holiday homes / apartments 10,739 89,153 n / a 315,350 huts, youth hostels 1,932 81,602 n / a 137,252 campsites 2,995 81,358 n / a 381,248 vacation rentals and similar accommodation facilities 14,446 12,280 n / a 610,385 prevention / rehabilitation clinics 883 864 n.a. 152,947 training centers 888 852 n / a 77,442 Total number of accommodation facilities 51,916 45,701 n / a 3,000,474 It becomes clear that the hotels make up the largest share of German accommodation establishments. With an average number of 45 rooms, the majority of these establishments are rather small to medium-sized and are mostly run as private hotels. The share of branded hotels was 12.9 percent in 2017, the branded rooms already reached 45 percent (see IHA, 2018, p. 232). The ten largest companies in the branded hotel industry include international hotel chains / hotel groups¹ and hotel cooperations. The most successful individual hotels in terms of turnover include both private hotels (e.g. Bayerischer Hof, Munich) and branches of large hotel groups (e.g. Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers). 1 In this book, the terms hotel groups, hotel chains and hotel companies are used syn onym and are only differentiated from individual hotels and hotel cooperations.
Made with FlippingBookRkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy Mzg3MTE =
- What is x if 15x 30 90
- Why does Quora not let you testify
- What is Israel best known for?
- What is a RAM stick
- What pictures bring you instant gratitude
- What is a good bounce rate
- Marijuana really makes everything better
- What does cyanide do to the body?
- What are the best camping hacks
- What does Meherbaani mean
- How could Microsoft restart Windows?
- Is Catholicism the official religion of Poland?
- How does Modernizr
- What do geniuses think of hard-working people
- The results of the AEEE 2018 were announced
- What is the food life like in Kochi
- What's in gumbo
- What does herald mean
- Why are volcanoes usually close to the coast?
- Who is the father of pop music
- Using Google Tag Manager is beneficial
- How do you explain an instrumental song
- How can religion be understood as culture?
- What is thread designation