How do you increase your chances
With this trick you increase your job chances enormously
When you get to the next job interview think, you are probably thinking about 100 typical questions that can come up, about your self-presentation, the first impression, the gaps in your résumé and the chances you have on the job. Nothing wrong - and good preparation. And yet there is one mistake that applicants make over and over again in the job interview - and therefore fail. Or - if you turn it positively and formulate it: There is a small one Trick how you can enormously increase your chances of getting the job can…
The biggest mistake is to focus on yourself
Those who score points with their résumé and cover letter come to the second round - the job interview. The biggest mistake that candidates can make in an interview is: You focus on yourself.
- Do I look good?
- Do I come across as personable, competent?
- Am I well received?
- Are my answers correct?
It is perfectly normal for you to ask yourself such questions in an interview and reflect on them again and again. After all, you want the job and therefore yourself above all else present with your chocolate side. You want your counterpart to convince, maybe even persuade.
But this is not a smart strategy. Why?
Perhaps two important notes on this:
- Most people don't even want to listen - you want to oneself to listen. You may be familiar with the countless studies that show time and time again: people find a conversation particularly beautiful, productive and interesting (and the other person as particularly personable) when they have talked most of the time. That may not be so likeable itself and it gives away that Narcissus and egoists in all of us. But it also means: If you try to chat the HR manager to death, it is not necessarily effective.
- HR professionals only do one job. That means: you have a problem - one vacant position and loads of candidates. Maybe you are in trouble elsewhere in the job - with the boss, a colleague, an employee ... Either way: Even if you think you are the center of his attention just because you are in the job interview - you are not. He or she may long have been wandering around while you talk gushingly about your résumé.
Just that - sobering - assuming that there is one different strategy (or just a little trick) that increases your chances of getting the job much more than talking about your strengths and successes or if possible right one To give answers ...
Use this trick to increase your chances of getting the job
There are no correct answers anyway. This is also not the point of so-called open questions. Rather, they should start chatting and yours personality and reveal how they work. But if you only react and answer as expected in the end, the HR manager will switch off at some point. In any case, that won't really convince him or her. And be remembered or Stand out from the crowd such an applicant is unlikely to be either.
So what should you be doing instead?
Do not focus on yourself or your impact, and do not leave it at answering questions. Better to get the recruiter to talk himself. In short: ask questions yourself - and turn an “interview” into an exciting conversation.
Still sounds too cryptic?
Realize, a recruiter usually has one Script in mind, a scheme according to which he or she conducts the interview and works through all the points that he or she has considered beforehand.
As long as you are in this corset stay, stay good, gray, expectable, normal, boring.
But the sooner you leave this predictable conversation and yourself Take over the conversationthe sooner you will get the recruiter's full attention. Every sentence you say becomes interesting at once. And if you get him to chat himself (and a lot), you will be rewarded with sympathy (and a job) in the end.
For example, if you have a HR decision-maker typically prompts:
Tell us a little about yourself!
... you can epic your resume and your previous one Praying down services. Or just go into it briefly and compactly and then say:
But before I bore you with my résumé - all of this is already in my application documents: I read in your job advertisement that you are currently primarily looking for a _____________ in the _____________ area. I could imagine that you are currently facing challenges like _____________. What are your hopes for this position?
The interview script is now forgotten at the latest. You have subtly taken on the conversation, start chatting and learn so much more about the job and the employeras if you gave dull and obedient answers.
Of course you can also tell a lot about yourself in the course of the conversation, your strengths, successes, Talents, Ideas. But now happens more incidentally - not because you are asked about it.
Or in the form of a short (and possibly more memorable) formula:
- First, break through the interview scheme and win the full one attention of the HR manager.
- Then show through your Inquiriesthat you understand the recruiter and his staffing dilemma. In short: you show him that you don't want to solve your problem ("Need job and money"), but his ("Need employees who fill the position as best as possible").
- And finally, you bring your counterpart to the Talk - preferably more than you tell yourself. This not only brings you sympathy, but also increases (with the dots in front of it) your chances of getting the job.
Even more interview tips
➠ Job interview: all the tips
Job interview process
➠ Interview preparation
➠ Application questions + answers
➠ Job interview clothes
➠ Introducing yourself
➠ End the interview
➠ Second interview
➠ Assessment Center
➠ Stress interview
➠ Job interview English
➠ Video interview
➠ Telephone interview
➠ These 100 questions can come
➠ 25 trick questions + answers
➠ Stress issues
➠ What are your weaknesses?
➠ What are your strengths?
➠ Why should we hire you?
➠ What was your last salary?
➠ Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
➠ Why did you quit?
➠ Inadmissible questions
➠ Inquiries to HR managers
Tips & Tricks
➠ Practice interview
➠ Interview mistakes
➠ White lies in the job interview
➠ body language tips
➠ Overcome nervousness
➠ Where to put your hands?
➠ Confirm the interview
➠ Postpone the interview
➠ Cancel the interview
➠ Cancel the interview
➠ Follow up after the conversation
- Decaffeinated coffee has caffeine
- What is timedc for in TCP IP
- The LAUNCH conference judges are good choices
- Wordpress plug-in to identify unlinked files
- Who is your favorite designer 1
- Myntra is good for women's shopping
- Are ZYN nicotine pouches safer than snus
- How does Google Analytics compare to Kissmetrics
- Can we realize God through yoga
- What are some gray areas in finance
- What is the most snobbish town in Massachusetts
- How do I download literature from PubMed
- Anyone can be affected by covert hypnosis
- What are the best London culture magazines
- Albert Einstein is the most overrated genius scientist
- Should I be satisfied with a cheap logistics company
- SharePoint lists can be linked
- In DBS, who is the strongest angel
- What are these lights called
- What should a pretty girl major?
- Can I use a cash pass in Thailand?
- Can you find geodes in your back yard
- What kills you inside every day