How can you do Bharwa Bhindi
The first time I ever made a vegan quiche was in the early 90s, with a recipe from a then-new vegetarian cookbook. I remember it turned out OK. I gotta say: my vegan quiche these days is much, much better. The availability of vegan cheese substitutes and fancy soy creams (at least in major cities) makes it much easier to turn out a tasty vegan quiche than it was ten or twenty years ago. However ...
My recipe is more original, more from scratch (I always make my own crust but you can certainly work with a store-bought pastry shell) and doesn’t absolutely require the hardcore vegan ingredients. You could even drop the nutritional yeast, but I’d suggest increasing the spices and / or using the more luscious, creamy cashews instead of sunflower seeds.
Sure, I've eaten a few veggie quiches in Paris, but the story behind this recipe and my quiche smarts isn’t really based on vegan eats in Paris. (When in Paris I usually live on espresso and South Indian food.)
When I first moved to Berlin in the early 2000s, I met lots of fascinating people in my intensive German language classes. One was a journalist from Paris who threw dinner parties with her husband at their flat. Another was a punky illustrator and animation artist from Paris who’d moved to Berlin to be with her German boyfriend. We’d talk a lot about cooking and recipes (if we weren’t talking about Nina Hagen, art galleries, or Prenzlauer Berg gentrification). I was always curious to find out more about authentic French cooking. And particularly what parts of it could work well for vegetarians. After all, a steady diet of coffee, crepes, and croissants sounds delightful, but ...
Vegan quiche with broccoli / with zucchini & mushrooms
4 servings / preparation time 80 min
- 220 g flour
- 1/3 cup / 75 g margarine or oil
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml cold water
- 2 teaspoons apple / rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar Mix in a large bowl.
- M.argarine, vinegar and half of the Water Add. Shape a ball, knead well and gradually more as needed water (or Flour) knead in.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30-60 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup / 1 medium zucchini cut into thin crescents
- 1 cup / 8-12 mushrooms cut in slices
- 1 medium shallot or Red onion finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g tofu crumbles
- 1 cup / 240 ml soy milk
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml white wine or Vegetable broth or water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds lightly roasted, ground
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds lightly roasted, ground
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast (Yeast flakes)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C / level 7.
- tofu With soy milk Mix or puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Wine, Lemon juice, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, cumin, thyme, turmeric, nutmeg and salt Add. Mix well with a whisk.
- 2 tbsp oil Heat in a large pan over a medium flame. Garlic, shallot, cumin and pepper put in, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- broccoli (or Mushrooms and zucchini), cook for 4-5 minutes and stir regularly. Turn off the flame and cover the pan.
- Medium-sized baking pan (25 × 20 cm, 22 × 22 cm, 25 cm round, etc.) made of glass or ceramic with oil grease.
- Spread the dough evenly on the base and press it on the base and sides. Prick the bottom several times with a fork. Pre-bake (empty) the dough for 7-10 minutes.
- Cooked vegetables Spread evenly on the dough and Tofumix pour over.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes. The quiche is ready when it is golden brown on top and nothing sticks to it when you test it with a knife or wooden stick.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
The variety of vegetable filling options: Tomato and onion, Potatoes and carrots, red and green peppers. Spinach-quiche: 2 cups fresh minced (1 cup frozen but then thawed) spinach Sear lightly and mix directly into the tofu puree. In the Vedic way: Neither garlic nor onions? Just replace the two unwanted ones with a pinch of asafoetida and 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander. Extra cheese? Grate 1/2 cup of your favorite vegan cheese and sprinkle it on the vegetables before pouring the tofumix over it. Continue reading →
- What is the alternative to living space vonage
- Can guys chase other guys
- How does hawala work
- Do you feel your satisfaction
- How can programming automation make money
- Knowledge is powerful When is it not
- What's a big compliment in Nigeria
- Are all freshly caught fish sushi quality
- Is Attitude CTM good for the skin
- What causes stomach pain after running
- Which credit report is the best
- Emits WiFi radiation
- Why did the Michelson Morley experiment fail
- I qualify as a small company
- How would someone collect rare coins
- What brands does KitchenAid
- Dog poop is a good fertilizer
- Why digital marketing is preferred by SMEs
- Did Sherlock Holmes do drugs
- Did learning science free you from superstition
- What is the color of green tea
- What are relay sockets
- Is algorithmic trading in marijuana stocks profitable
- Is HIV a fragile virus
- Where is the area code 647
- How accurate are drug sniffers
- Makes Django fun
- What's the best 80s playlist
- Can I edit the IPU application form?
- Which SharePoint is free
- What is meant by cement quality
- Can wear covert paramedics
- How do I detox
- How to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A