Is BMS the same as BBA

I graduated from the Higher Technical School for Business (HFW) in 2005 and would now like to continue my education at the FH level (Bachelor of Business Administration). The universities of applied sciences such as HWZ and PHW offer a passage, but it lasts for 2 years. I came across the Swiss Business School on the Internet. This offers a BBA program that only lasts 1.5 years. Is the BBA of the SBS recognized as a university of applied sciences in Switzerland and abroad or is the BBA diploma? What information do you have about this school? Are there other schools that offer a passage from HFW to BBA, which are also recognized in Switzerland?Agent: Widmer, DianaUnfortunately, a bachelor's degree is not the same as a bachelor's degree:
The Swiss Business School is not a federally recognized university of applied sciences. However, since the title "Bachelor" is not protected (it would be protected with the addition "FH"), it is legitimate that this school offers a BBA program. I cannot give any information about the quality of the training at SBS because I only know the school from its website. However, the school apparently has international accreditation.
Take a close look at all the institutes that are suitable for you. Is the content relevant to you? Where do you learn the things that are more useful to you professionally? What is the load / schedule like? How many lessons do you get in total at which school, divided into three or four semesters?  I would like to continue my education, but I am not quite right. My previous training: KV, hotel management school HF, annual management course. Now I would like to complete further training - preferably a bachelor's degree. Now, not every Bachelor seems to be a Bachelor. What options are open to me with the above-mentioned qualifications?
How do I have to classify the further training at the European as "BBA, Int. Business Economist NDS HF"? This is a bachelor's degree, can I get an MBA with this at a university?
Agent: Widmer, DianaIt is actually the case that not every Bachelor's degree has the same status. It is best to go with a bachelor's degree from a university or college. A university degree is probably not the right one for you (you would have to catch up on the Matura), but a university of applied sciences degree could definitely be an option.
Universities of applied sciences must be recognized by the federal government so that they can issue bachelor's degrees, i.e. the quality of the training is checked and ensured.
For a university of applied sciences, you usually need a vocational baccalaureate, and in some cases an entrance examination can also be taken. I cannot judge to what extent the management year course or your HF degree is credited. You would have to clarify this directly with the school.
I can't tell you anything about the quality of the training and thus the qualification of European - I don't know enough about this school and can therefore not judge how good or recognized the programs are. The abbreviation "NDS HF" indicates, however, that this training is "only" at the level of further education at a higher technical school. This does not guarantee access to an MBA program at a university. But I don't mean to say that it's not a good program. There are many very good postgraduate courses at higher technical schools that will also help you professionally. At least at the moment, however, you do not have the internationally recognized qualification. I would like to complete further training in business administration. But it is not entirely clear to me what the difference is between a business economist and business economist. My second question: are the EMBA's also with a specialization in business administration or is it an additional training course? I would have the opportunity to do this. I have an HF degree: can I complete a university of applied sciences directly with this degree or does it depend on the institute? What is the hierarchy of the further education EMBA, EMA or NDS, since the Bachelor is the same as the FH. Agent: Widmer, DianaTo see what difference there is between training to become a business economist (FH) or business economist (FH), you have to look at the range of subjects. Basically, both are training courses at the technical college level in business administration. Since the universities of applied sciences are free to name the courses, I cannot generally tell you what the difference between these two names is.
About the EMBA: An Executive Master in Business Administration is also a business management training course. With these courses of study, you have to pay particular attention to which target groups are addressed and which content is conveyed. An EMBA is not a protected title in Switzerland, such as a university of applied sciences degree. Here the providers can put together the curricula at their own discretion. There are EMBAs that are primarily aimed at people with a technical background who now want to acquire additional business knowledge, while other courses require good business knowledge (at university or university of applied sciences) and are aimed in particular at qualified managers.
Admission to a university of applied sciences with an HF degree: I cannot give you conclusive information here either. If you have an HFW degree and are aiming for a university of applied sciences degree in an economic field, you will usually be accepted directly; at some universities of applied sciences, higher admission is also possible, i.e. part of your HFW studies will be taken into account. If you have completed a different HF course (e.g. technical school), I recommend that you inquire directly with the university of applied sciences about the admission. A consultation at various schools is definitely worth it anyway to find out which training center is the right one for you.
Gradation at the advanced training level: That is another difficult question. The NDS at the technical college and university level are replaced by MAS (Master of Advanced Science). An NDS at the HF level is usually more practice-oriented; an EMBA or MBA at a university usually scientific / theoretical. The MAS at universities of applied sciences are still relatively young - it remains to be seen how important these diplomas are.
In all of these training courses, the content and reputation of the institution are crucial. Therefore, before continuing your training, think carefully about where you stand now and what additional knowledge you would like to acquire, what expectations you have of the training and what your employer expects of you. Here, too, a consultation or a visit to the information events is definitely worthwhile.  I have the tech. Businessman with federal diploma FA successfully completed and currently working as head of technology in a service company. Now I would like to move up my career ladder and therefore complete further training again. It should either be a generalist direction such as general management or specialized such as project management. Since the Swiss educational landscape is very complex, I don't quite have the perspective. I've talked to numerous headmasters from various schools, but everyone tells something different. I am advised from joining the HFW (with the option of using the passerelle to the FH) to the NDS-HF. I tend more towards NDS-HF in general management or something similar. What would you recommend? It is important for me that I complete a good further education in order to be as attractive as possible for the job market. My ultimate goal is definitely the EMBA. What difference is there if I do the BBA first and then the EMBA, or an NDS-HF and then the EMBA? Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineBefore you continue looking for a further training measure that is suitable for you, I recommend that you become clearer about your professional goals. Formulate your goals as concretely as possible. Then think about which specific skills you need to acquire, where you still have weaknesses and which of your strengths you should develop. With these answers, it will be much easier for you to determine which courses and at which level will bring you closer to your goal. Your attractiveness on the labor market depends on many factors and certainly not on a specific training or a special title you must strive for.
Last but not least, your decision on further training also depends on the resources available to you. How much time can and do you want to devote to your advanced training? What are your financial options? Can you afford to reduce your workload during your training? An NDS HF, for example, serves to specialize, usually lasts one to one and a half years and can easily be completed along with a 100% workload. The HFW, on the other hand, is a generalist training, lasts 3 years and can only be mastered with large time reserves and a full-time workload. Any subsequent BBA degree will then most likely require a reduction in the level of employment.
Incidentally, the complexity of our education system is not least due to the claim "no qualification without a connection". And so there is no such thing as the good or the less good further training measure, but only the training that is better or less suitable for me, the path that is practicable for me and that corresponds to my professional and life situation. After my apprenticeship as a chemistry laboratory assistant, I got the federal diploma. Completed technical merchant and this summer the federal. dipl. Purchaser successfully completed. Now I'm looking for a new challenge. After a long search, I found the following alternatives: MAS training at the FH or the BBA at HSO Oerlikon.
I would be particularly interested in the BBA at HSO Oerlikon (HF but now internationally accredited with the European Business School), especially since the MAS is very difficult to assess for me. Now I wanted to ask you the following:
- is the BBA of HSO Oerlikon identical to a FH Bachelor's degree?
- After a few years of work, I might have the chance to take an EMBA. This training would then be higher than the BBA and can still be completed directly. Wouldn't that make more sense?
- How is the reputation of the MAS (of course still very young training) to be assessed?
- What would you recommend?
The educational landscape in Switzerland seems very complicated (at least to me). So would like to know your opinion.Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineYou are right: the Swiss education system is quite complex and not easy to understand, not least because of the numerous changes in recent years. The two letters F and H, for example, cause confusion, both of which have to do with further training, but have different meanings depending on the order. FH stands for university of applied sciences. Further education courses at universities of applied sciences lead to the federally recognized titles Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) and - in the field of economics - the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA). Before the Bolognese reform, these were postgraduate courses at UAS.
HF, on the other hand, stands for higher technical school. Here, too, there are further education courses that are federally recognized and are referred to as NDS HF (postgraduate studies at a higher technical school).

With a MAS, EMBA or NDS HF you can expand your job-specific knowledge and specialize in this way. With your completion of a higher technical examination you are admitted to an HF as well as a FH. NDS HF are generally less "academic", somewhat more practice-oriented and also shorter than MAS and EMBA.
Incidentally, the BBA of HSO Oerlikon is an NDS HF. MAS are federally recognized and, with the implementation of the Bologna Declaration, are also embedded in the European higher education landscape.
You should make your decision for this or that further training primarily dependent on your personal professional goals, but also on the resources available to you. I have an HF degree (sociocultural animation / social work) that I could upgrade to a FH degree. I will do this sooner or later. I would like to leave my professional future as open as possible, i.e. I don't want to limit my career to the social sector, non-profit organization or in administration. My professional career so far clearly shows that I am very versatile.
Now I would like to complete further training in business administration because I still lack this know-how and because I want to expand my professional opportunities. Since I already have an HF / FH degree, I thought that it would make sense for me to aim for a CAS / DAS or maybe even a MAS. Alternatively, I could "only" aim for a commercial school diploma or the degree "Dipl. Betriebswirtschafter HF", which would mean a second HF degree and a more time-consuming training for me. I've read that these RF degrees are very popular in business. What would you recommend? Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineCAS, DAS and MAS are specialist training, whereas the HFW (Higher Technical School for Business) is generalist training. At the HFW you will acquire business knowledge and skills in a practice-oriented manner and combine them with your relevant experience. The course lasts 3 years and leads to the recognized and coveted title of "Dipl. Betriebswirtschafter / in HF". CAS (Certificate of Advanced Studies) are certificate courses that last 1 to 2 semesters part-time and serve to expand specific specialist knowledge in a short period of time. DAS (Diploma of Advanced Studies) last 2 to 3 semesters and aim to deepen oneself in a specialist area. MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) last 3 to 4 semesters part-time and often consist of several CAS. MAS lead to a federally recognized master’s degree. Last year I completed my advanced training as a technician HF in business processes. Now I would like to do a postgraduate course. With the qualification as a technician HF, I could also go to a technical college. What would a postgraduate degree at FH level bring me compared to the HF?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAs a graduate of a higher technical school, you are indeed admitted to postgraduate courses in HF as well as to MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) courses at universities of applied sciences. It is not so easy to answer what one brings you over the other. Both continuing education courses serve to expand existing skills in a subject-specific manner. An MAS course lasts 3 to 4 semesters and combines research and teaching. Accordingly, he is more demanding and usually also more “academic” than an NDS HF. An NDS HF, on the other hand, is generally highly market-oriented, so it is more practice-oriented and only lasts 2 to 3 semesters. Which training is the right one for you depends on your personal goals, values ​​and resources and, last but not least, on the specific offer that meets your needs.  After completing basic commercial training in a bank, I completed BMS II. After two years of professional experience, I would like to take on a new challenge. My dream would be to get into human resources, resp. to begin further training to become a HR specialist. Unfortunately, this is not possible without professional experience and the entry options in the field of human resources are limited. Now my first question: Which university of applied sciences or which course is best suited for entry? I tend towards dipl. Business economist HF with specialization in HR. Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAttention: How easy it is to confuse the two letters HF and FH! HF stands for higher technical school. The higher technical school for economics HFW leads to the title "Dipl. Betriebswirtschafter / in HF" in three years parallel to work.
FH, on the other hand, stands for university of applied sciences. Here you can earn a Bachelor in Business Administration in four years while working. With the BMS you are admitted to study at a university of applied sciences; Basic commercial training is sufficient for HFW. Both training courses are federal. recognized, the one more demanding and academic, the other to be mastered with full employment and emphatically practice-oriented.
Both in the bachelor's degree and at the HFW, you complete a generalist training and thus form a valuable and solid basis for a later specialization. Certain schools offer specializations, for example in personnel management or HR, although this does not make you a recognized HR specialist. Even without or with a different specialization, you will create an excellent starting point for your further career with a FH or HF degree - in HR or in another business area.  I work in securities trading at a private bank. After graduating from high school, I worked for a life insurer for 1 year, among other things, and took some further training in IT alongside my work. After a year, I resigned because I was under-challenged and then I graduated as a business economist in just 3 years. Between my studies and the bank, I made a short detour into the chemical industry, but that was probably nothing.Now nothing really has changed in the situation. The wages are good, but I am still under challenged and have the feeling that I am in a dead end. Moving millions back and forth up to 65 a day has absolutely nothing to do with business studies and management. What kind of further training would be the best option? A master’s degree is simply too expensive for me and it only brings something if you start right at the top, namely in the strategy area. All other decent training courses such as CFA / CIIA / FRM / CAIA etc. are also expensive and time-consuming. I would have to work 80% or less again. I don't want that at the moment either. Should I specialize in my subject or should I try to develop a leadership career? I'm just a little aimless right now. Thanks in advance for your advice!Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineIt is true that good, beneficial and recognized training and further education have their price and are usually worth it. Nevertheless, titles and diplomas only form part of the qualifications. Personal skills and experience are just as important. I wonder whether instead of further training you should aim for a new job. With your Bachelor in Business Administration you have solid professional qualifications that open up a wide range of demanding professional opportunities for you. Maybe there is also the possibility of an internal job change? I keep my fingers crossed that you will soon find a task that challenges you and that meets your expectations and abilities.  I work as an exchange trader and completed the BM2 in August 07. Now I would like to start studying at a university of applied sciences. At the moment I am still hesitating between the variants business economist and international relations. Which one would be particularly suitable for me? Furthermore, I would like to complete my studies at a university of applied sciences abroad while working at the same time. I would like to complete my studies in the USA (e.g. at HPU - Hawaii Pacific University), but I don't know whether they offer a bachelor's degree. I would also be interested in what English skills would be required. I own the BEC Vantage.Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAt the ZHAW (Zurich University of Applied Sciences) in Winterthur, for example, you can complete the Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration as well as the Bachelor’s degree in International Management. This prepares you specifically for a job in an international company. Which of these two degree programs is right for you depends on your professional goals and on whether you want to work in an international environment or abroad. In any case, you have the opportunity to complete part of your studies at a partner university abroad. For more information, I recommend that you contact the ZHAW directly. There is certainly also the possibility of a personal consultation. I do not know whether the HPU offers a degree that is suitable for you, but in this case too I recommend that you go directly to the relevant university.  I am 29 years old and graduated from HFW 4 years ago. After graduation, I thought I'd be stuck in a dead end without a UAS. Now I have found out that there is the possibility of completing the BBA in a shortened form. Which organizations offer this and is it recommended? What other options with regard to general, state-recognized business training and further education are suitable according to the HFW?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineVarious universities of applied sciences offer HFW graduates the opportunity to achieve the title "Bachelor in Business Administration" in a shorter way, such as the EBS, the PHW and the HWZ. The HWZ, for example, offers an almost one-year walkway course for HFW graduates, which then allows entry into the 7th semester of the eight-semester Bachelor's degree. Since I don't know where you attended the HFW, I recommend that you find out about the possibilities of a so-called higher level entry directly from the individual universities of applied sciences.  I (32 yrs) originally attended the 3-year business school (without a vocational diploma). At the age of 26 I started the adult Matura, but dropped out after a year (for reasons of motivation, not because of my performance), because everything was too theoretical for me and I was struggling mainly with the natural sciences and mathematics. I started the HFW six months ago. I actually like it a lot, but I feel a little underchallenged, especially in terms of pace. Now I am considering switching to the FH (part-time - I would be admitted in the 1st semester). My goal is to have an interesting, demanding job later. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact direction at the moment. What do you advise me? Should I switch to the FH? Is it a very big step from HF to FH in terms of effort?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineThe bachelor's degree has a significantly higher rate than the training at the HFW and after the first 2 to 3 semesters can usually only be completed with a significant reduction in the level of employment. The HFW, on the other hand, allows a simultaneous employment of up to 100%. In addition, the HFW is designed to be much more practice-oriented.
Instead of breaking off the HFW and now switching to the FH, you can easily complete the HFW first, the federal. Acquire the recognized title of "Dipl. Betriebswirtschafterin HF" and then enter the 7th semester of the Bachelor's degree via a walkway course (usually one year). With only one additional year you can kill two birds at once!  I am 28 years old and this year I have the federal sales coordinator. Certificate completed. Actually, I wanted to add the sales manager. Now another variant was suggested to me (Kaderschulen SG), where you can complete an NDS HF Marketing and Sales, which is also federal. is recognized. How do you rate this training? My goal is to have a very good education in sales and marketing and to be able to make a career leap.Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineI have to leave the comparison of the training content to you; I don't know these enough. On the other hand, I would be happy to show you the most important differences between a higher technical examination and an NDS HF:

    In contrast to the higher specialist examinations, with an NDS HF you do not prepare for a centrally conducted external examination. The tests are created, organized and carried out by the provider. This has the advantage that the exams are optimally tailored to the learning objectives and you can therefore usually be prepared for them in a really targeted manner. To put it somewhat casually: Everything comes from a single source.
    As a consequence, the success rate with NDS HF is generally higher, not least because of this.
    As a rule, an NDS HF orients itself more consistently towards the needs in practice and is therefore more action-oriented.
    NDS HF lead to a federal recognized titles, which are, however, linked to the specific training of the respective further training institution. The diploma of a higher technical examination, on the other hand, is equivalent for all graduates and in no way depends on the training provider.
    NDS HF are still relatively new and therefore not as well known as a degree from a higher technical examination. At the same time, however, it can be stated that this title can increasingly be found on job advertisements. This indicates a corresponding status or a corresponding recognition in the economy. This trend is sure to continue.
 I completed my commercial apprenticeship 3 years ago. I would like to continue my education in business administration with the aim of filling a management position.
The first way would be to study at the HFW, since after this I would also be admitted to an MAS degree.
The second way would be the BMS and study at a university of applied sciences.
Is the completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration at the Swiss Business School after the HFW on the same level as the Bachelor's degree at the FH?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAfter completing the HFW, you have the opportunity to achieve a bachelor's degree at a university of applied sciences in a shorter way. Certain HFW providers work closely with a university of applied sciences in this regard and coordinate their curricula, for example the SIB and the HWZ. After completing the HFW at the SIB, you can complete a one-year passerelle study at the HWZ (Zurich University of Applied Sciences) located in the same building. In the passerelle course you will work on the material dealt with in the first 6 semesters of the Bachelor course that is not part of the HFW at the SIB. You can then seamlessly begin the 7th semester of the 8-semester Bachelor's degree. By the way, this path is very popular, as after 3 years with a degree from the HFW you will have a federal diploma. Achieve a recognized title and achieve the title of Bachelor in Business Administration with just one additional year compared to the normal Bachelor’s degree.
I recommend that you contact the relevant HFW provider directly about any connection options to a university of applied sciences. I completed my basic commercial training two years ago. My goal is to become a business economist with an international diploma, so that I have the opportunity to work abroad. However, I don't want to go to a university of applied sciences. Is there another option after I have attended the HWD (Executive Year Course Higher Business Diploma HWD VSK)?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineWith your training and two years of commercial work experience, you are admitted to the Higher Technical School for Business (HFW). This three-year generalist training leads to the federal diploma. recognized title "Dipl. Betriebswirtschafter HF".
Is this diploma internationally recognized? The answer is: the longer the more. Let me explain: the EU countries have set up a system of mutual recognition of diplomas and professional cards. Switzerland also participates in this through the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons. At university level, for example, the Bolognese reform regulates the mutual recognition of degrees. At the level of higher vocational training, which also includes the Higher Technical School for Economics, the Copenhagen Process serves this purpose. For more information, see the OPET website (Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology,
You can therefore assume that the HFW will find increasing international recognition, at least in the EU area. Last year I passed my high school diploma, now I'm doing a shortened commercial apprenticeship. I'll finish next summer and want to go to college (business administration). I just don't know whether I should study part-time or part-time. Can you tell me how I can find out which is more suitable for me? I'm afraid that it might get too much for me if I have to work 50% of the time while studying. If I were to study part-time I would have to earn 3 more ETCS points, but I would also have the option of working 30% or 40%. Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineWhether you choose to study full-time or part-time largely depends on your personal requirements and needs. Questions like: "Can I afford to be without or with very little income for 3 years?", "Can or do I want to give up my current job?", "Can I change my level of employment to my current position?" Reduce 50%? "," Does my employer contribute to the tuition fee? "," How important is the duration of study to me? " etc., etc. play an important role.
Both study variants have their advantages and disadvantages. I suggest that you get information and advice on the spot from the relevant university of applied sciences. To do this, put together a catalog of questions beforehand, because it is easy to forget essential questions in a conversation. Last but not least, it is up to you to decide whether one or the other variant is the right one for you personally. I would be interested in the importance of the title of "Business Administration FH" abroad. What can it be compared with abroad, i.e. Europe or further afield? Can it be equated with other training abroad?
Since I fear that this title does not have as much recognition / acceptance abroad as the Bachelor title, I will most likely choose the latter route.Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineI assume that your question is not about the status of the dipl. Business economist FH, but HF (higher technical school) goes. FH stands for University of Applied Sciences, the title here, as you mentioned, is "Bachelor in Business Administration" after the Bologna reform.
Well then: Just as the Bologna process or the Bologna reform aims to guarantee permeability, transparency and mobility at university level, so does the Copenhagen process at higher vocational training level. To this end, various instruments are being developed that are used to compare learning achievements and to enable the mutual recognition of qualifications. Further information can be found on the OPET (Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology) website,
In this respect, it can be assumed that the higher technical college for business will gain in importance in the next few years and will assume an even more important role in the educational landscape. In addition, an HFW degree opens up the possibility of attaining a bachelor's degree in a shorter way. I am currently attending the HFW and am about to take the 2nd partial exam. I completed my commercial apprenticeship at a local authority. Since then I have been working in an official office as a clerk. I am doing the HFW so that I have better chances on the job market and can tackle a more interesting, more demanding job in the future. Actually, I would like to find a new job in the private sector before I graduate from HFW. The only problem is that I don't yet know which direction I want to go. Can you give me a tip on the best way to find out? Or what options are generally open to an HFW graduate?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAs you can find out, the HFW covers all relevant business topics. It is a generalist training, the aim of which is to prepare students for a responsible management role without restricting them to a specific area. As a dipl. Business economist HF, you are a competent contact person for the specialists in the company. They understand their "language" and can communicate and work with them competently and, if necessary, also lead them.
Since you want to reorient yourself, I recommend that you first conduct a location analysis. Think about what you are particularly good at and what you particularly like to do or want to do. Ask yourself where you would most like to be in 3 to 5 years. Your answers to these questions will show you which activities are suitable for your reorientation and which you can exclude. You should also study job advertisements and ask yourself whether you would enjoy this job and whether you have the necessary skills. I graduated from HFW in autumn 2005. Now I would like to either continue my education at a master’s level, in the direction of international or general management, or further educate myself in such a way that I can teach in adult education. Which courses do you recommend me?Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineAfter completing the HFW, there are countless opportunities for further training. Your professional and personal goals are decisive. Accordingly, it is important that you first consider which competencies and strengths you have already acquired and which professional activity you would like to combine them with. If you intend to work in an international environment or are already doing so, it certainly makes sense to aim for an MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) in International Management at a university of applied sciences. However, it may be important for your future professional orientation that you further deepen the business management skills you have acquired at HFW without specializing in one area. In this case, for example, an MAS in General Management is a good option. In order to be able to take up a teaching position, it is crucial that you have proven practical experience and qualifications and, if possible, at least an SVEB I degree.
You can get a good picture of the various training opportunities on the Internet. A comprehensive website in this regard is, for example, I finished my initial training as a bank clerk last summer. Now I have to decide how I want to develop professionally. I have to choose between 2 options:
1. Catch up on BMS (part-time) and then study economics at the University of Applied Sciences.
2. Complete the Higher Technical School for Business in one year.
My question: With which training will I have the better chances in professional life afterwards? You always hear that work experience is a very important aspect and that in the 2ndVariant I would have the experience. However, the title HF is less recognized than the FH, is that correct? Adviser: Spothelfer, NadineThe question of recognition or the status of a qualification is entirely legitimate, but not easy to answer. In general, a technical college degree is somewhat higher in terms of the level of aspiration than an HF degree. However, this does not automatically mean that the job opportunities are greater as a result. Your personal professional goals are very important. If you compare the two training courses, the bachelor's degree is definitely more “academic”, i.e. a little less practice-oriented than an HF training. The HFW is completed part-time and its primary aim is to promote the students' ability to act, i.e. to enable them to apply what they have learned directly to their work. Incidentally, the learning curve at the FH is significantly higher than at the HF.
I recommend that you make your decision about BMS and then FH or HFW primarily dependent on the following questions:
- How do I imagine my professional career? Where do I want to be in 5 or 10 years?
- How much time can and do I want to invest in my training?
By the way: With an HFW degree, the world of higher education is then open to you. You then have the opportunity to specialize by means of a MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) or an Executive Master’s degree, or to get a bachelor’s degree in a total of 5 instead of 4 years by means of a passerelle study.  

- Use the free educational advice from
- Here you can find more information about the Business Administration HF course