Which artist sang the song Hoo Bangin
A good indicator of the success of K-pop songs is the number of clicks on YouTube. In August 2020, for example, the band BTS broke a record: the K-pop song “Dynamite” received more than 100 million views within one day. Madness! And even beyond the video platform, a number of Korean pieces of music have proven to be extremely successful. We'll click into it ourselves and present five particularly successful K-Pop songs.
“TT” from Twice
Twice belongs to the spearhead of the K-Pop girl groups. The band, which was formed by JYP Entertainment in 2015, celebrated its breakthrough just one year after its founding with their second EP (PAGE TWO). Also in 2016, the South Koreans released the mini album TWICECOASTER: LANE 1, which became the first number 1 album in their own country.🛒 Order the article TWICECOASTER: LANE 1 by Twice at Amazon.de
The success was closely related to the K-pop song "TT", which also landed on pole in the charts, set a YouTube record and is now one of the most popular Twice singles.
"Gangnam Style" by Psy
Many words really don't have to be lost about “Gangnam Style” from the 2012 album PSY 6 (SIX RULES), PART 1. The song developed into a world hit that was danced and re-trilled a thousand times and is considered one of the most famous K-pop songs of all time. In addition to South Korea, “Gangnam Style” also placed at number 1 in the charts in countries such as Germany, Great Britain and Switzerland and garnered almost 40 platinum awards.
“Bang Bang Bang” from Big Bang
"Bang Bang Bang" was released in 2015 and became the best-selling single in South Korea that year. In addition, the K-Pop song was named “Asian Song of the Year” in 2016 and 2017. In the US, "Bang Bang Bang" was the most watched video and in the "World Digital Song Sales" charts, the number with the big bang song "We Like 2 Party" landed in the first two places - so far only that has succeeded South Korean artist Psy.
“Boombayah” by Blackpink
What Psy and Big Bang can do, has the K-Pop girl band Blackpink been able to do for a long time? Right, because in 2016 two singles from the group made it to the top of the “World Digital Song Sales” charts: “Whistle” and “Boombayah”. In South Korea, “Boombayah” stayed in the top 10 for many weeks and achieved more than 70,000 sales in the first week alone.
"DNA" from BTS
As part of the US Billboard magazine, "Billboard Hot 100" includes the most important single charts in the USA. Until 2017, BTS, today one of the most successful K-Pop bands by far, were never part of the “Hot 100”. That changed with the single "DNA", which landed at number 85 and stayed in the charts for four weeks. The single is on the mini album LOVE YOURSELF: HER.🛒 Order the item LOVE YOURSELF: HER from BTS at Amazon.de
In Japan, "DNA" achieved double platinum and LOVE YOURSELF: HER made it into the German charts as the first K-Pop album. After the music video was released, it reached more than 20 million views in 24 hours.
- What is your ambition for the future
- What is a conditional operator in Java
- Psychology JRF exams in India
- How do I get free from madness
- Prince Harry is religious
- What are you thinking these days
- Jeff Bezos knows how to code
- Who sang the song Drive All Night
- What are movies like the accountant 2016
- What do people think of Costco
- How did Ralph Lauren become successful
- What's the latest about Nadal
- Regrowth hair differently after chemotherapy
- Have the Illuminati ever contacted you
- How to become a ballet composer
- What are the best flat illustration designers
- How do I update Microsoft Windows 7
- What are some math websites like IXL
- What are the most beautiful ephemeral flowers
- How trustworthy is insidermonkey com
- Kitties have teeth
- Why do cats love to be mean
- What is Outsourced Product Development
- What is tomato soup made of