Have Quora users stopped answering questions
Is the practice of killing a cow for a guest (गोघ्न | goghna) still followed?
The questions you asked are difficult to answer.
For example, although I know it is not obeyed these days, but how am I going to prove it?
Likewise the question "When did you stop?" is unanswerable IMO.
As for the "why" part, we can still answer it.
The book "Essence of Dharma Sindhu" states that many forms of sacrifice are forbidden in Kali Yuga. And one such sacrifice is the Go-Medha, in which a cow is killed.
Kali Yuga Nishiddhas:
The following are the avoidable and unnecessary acts of Kali Yuga, namely. Samudra Yatra, wearing kamandulu to mislead the public, remarries and fathered children of his husband's brothers; Go Vadha ; Mamsa Bhakshana in Shraddhas; performing vivaha in front of a physically immaterial girl; Chirakaala Brahmacharitwa; Naramedha Ashwamedha Gomedha Yagna; Madya Paana, Abhakshya Bhakshana, Apeya Paana, Agamyaagamana or single-minded Rahasya Prayascittha, Devata Puja and Pashubali for evil purposes; Kula bhrashtata; Extreme profiting and narrow-mindedness.
In general (IMO) all forms of animal sacrifice must now be stopped as only a few very skilled individuals are able to perform them exactly as prescribed in the scriptures.
The person who does the killing and sacrifice must also be spiritually advanced. Otherwise, it just becomes an ordinary act of killing, and in this case both the pashu and the person go down.
And so I think Sri Sarada, the wife of Sri Ramakrishna, completely abolished the practice of Pashu-bali in the affected temples as soon as she got there.
- What is the product of DNA replication
- Who is more intelligent Hitler or Merkel?
- How can you maintain your TABC certification?
- How are puzzles made
- What was your biggest obstacle to success
- How do I recruit ESL teachers
- How is bile stored
- Asthma is a restrictive lung disease
- Does anyone work in a manufacturing business?
- How to Book a Disney Cruise Vacation
- What a fundamental thing makes you happy
- What is mutual induction
- How do I remove a toilet lid
- What language are Chrome extensions written in
- Kills bipolar brain cells
- Can guys chase other guys
- Pollution is a burning problem
- Why do landlords tend to be rude
- We all belong to one religion
- Can I renegotiate my salary after parole?
- Why do we have stars
- What is the curriculum for cse
- A succulent grows in pebbles
- There is a 1-caliber weapon
- Is this a good gaming monitor
- What are your 10 laws of humanity
- What is Wargaming Net
- How do you express yourself in Spanish?
- How is Six Sigma different from Agile
- Are there camels in the Himalayas
- Goodbye 2018 Hello 2019
- Where can I sell online in Germany
- What is the most expensive cigarette in India
- Are the Americans still interested in NASA?