Why are so many people generally afraid
Why are we afraid of criticism?
In everyday life we experience situations in which we are criticized: be it in professional life, when the work performance does not match, or in private life, when the partner has no time for activities.
Behind the fear of criticism hides the feeling of rejection and rejection. Criticism poses a threat, as the criticism is perceived as a negative evaluation of oneself. The feeling of rejection is very painful. Nevertheless, this uncomfortable feeling is part of life. Recognition and acceptance from fellow human beings basic human needs are to be maintained.
- behave according to the wishes of others
- Say yes
- want to please others
- make everything perfect
- to please the others
- do not talk about your own needs and desires
- keep in the background
- hide your own weaknesses
- do not express any criticism or make any demands
The price people pay for it is high: you renounce the fulfillment of their own wishes and needs, do not pay attention to yourself and do not lead the life you would like to. Satisfaction and happiness depend on the approval of others.
Dealing with rejection and rejection
In the short term it is helpful to Allowing disappointment and sadness and to give yourself time for it. Talking to people you trust is also a relief in this situation. After a rejection, distraction is a good way to clear your mind and distance yourself from the event. A clarifying discussion with the person concerned - if possible - is also recommended.
To Processing the rejection In the long term, dealing with yourself is important. Does the rejection concern the person or rather the situation? Situational rejections are more easily accepted. If, however, one's own person is questioned, this indicates one lack of self-worth down.
Increasing and strengthening self-esteem counteracts taking rejection personally.
The rejection experienced in a particular situation should not affect future situations. E.g. continue to send applications or continue to ask the partner about joint ventures. If various situations are avoided, the fear of rejection increases. A rejection can be used as an opportunity to improve the cover letter, acquire new skills or find friends for activities instead of asking the partner.
If the fear of rejection is particularly pronounced, one speaks of a social phobia, which requires treatment. With a social phobia, the person concerned suffers from one strong feeling of inferiority and is constantly afraid of being judged negatively by the outside world. The rejection is always related to oneself and those affected avoid standing in the center, eating and talking with others or writing in front of others; In general, fear of social contact can develop up to social withdrawal and loneliness.
We will encounter rejection and rejection again and again in life, no one is immune from them.
Still, we can accept these situations. Maybe say no once to someone and decline an offer because you take your needs more seriously and risk disharmony in the process. Try it!
Photo source: iStock.com/Thomas_Zsebok_Images
- Which forests give 70 oxygen
- What is distilled liquid
- How often is semen produced
- What martial art is best for Olympic weightlifters
- What are some examples of overconformity
- What is the exact definition of soil
- Is our existence a virtual reality?
- Why are the martial arts good
- Why should people switch to LED lamps
- Why is WhatsApp just a mobile app
- Where can I play badminton in Beijing
- What Can Cause High Vagal Sound
- Can you practice MMA alongside Krav Maga
- What is a tendering system
- Does the voltage drop depend on the size of the conductor
- In one sentence, what is success
- Where I can sell solar energy
- Are there patent attorneys on Quora
- What is semantic segmentation
- What are the best educational podcasts
- How can I learn by myself
- Does the rent qualify for moving costs
- The number of bank branches increases
- What's your favorite college football team