Bite house centipedes
Millipede plague in Germany
Disgusting crawling invasion
Disgusting crawling millipede invasion
Yuck! Thousands of millipedes are currently searching homes in Melsbach in the Neuwied district. Even exterminators are powerless here because new crawlies keep coming.
According to an expert, the millipedes (or millipedes) that are up to mischief in Rhineland-Palatinate come from Southeast Asia. They are introduced through greenhouses. They must have escaped there and make life difficult for the residents of Melsbach.
Millipedes do not bite or sting.
The head of the Myriapoda (millipedes) section of the Alexander Koenig Zoological Research Museum in Bonn, Thomas Wesener, said: "Millipedes don't bite or sting." In houses they perished after a few days due to drought and lack of food.
Looking at photos of the Melsbach millipede plague, the biologist added: "This is crazy. This is the greenhouse millipede" (Oxidus gracilis). Originally only native to Southeast Asia, this species lives alone outdoors in warmer countries.
Millipedes don't stand a chance in winter
The millipede invasion in Melsbach had nothing to do with climate change, because normally in Germany they did not survive a winter outside with even a single day of frost. The little animals in Melsbach might have hibernated in a nearby mulch site or another sheltered place and could have reproduced vigorously.
- What is temperature change
- What is the opposite of water
- How is Hamlet estranged
- What are the logarithmic relationships or rules
- What are the best shoe racks on the market
- What does Trump's dream world look like
- How can I fix this error 5
- What treatments are there for chronic ear infections?
- Is it possible to kill evil spirits?
- What is Guru Granth Sahib
- What makes someone physically unattractive to you
- Should I meditate before a test
- What is called a parrot in Hindi
- Why is Mars no longer seismically active
- When did the last Vikings become extinct?
- What is your best bargain purchase so far
- When will President Obama step down?
- How to make butter from yogurt
- What are antenna field zones
- How do bears make money
- Can break your water during intercourse
- How is complaining different from complaining
- How do you rate Verizon Wireless
- Why is nitrogen an element
- What rakhi gift made you happy?
- Is the Helvetica font in the public domain
- What tools do professional translators use
- The stupidest plot ever in a film
- What happened to the Nimbuzz messaging app
- Is PICT CS comparable to COEP CS
- Are dung beetles good for humanure composting
- Is Egypt a Greek word
- How do I learn orchestration