How did TikTok get traction in the first place?
How to delete TikTok videos from your account
TikTok can suck you in for hours. You can log in at 9 a.m. for a quick scroll of your morning coffee and still be in front of it four hours later.
But other people's videos aren't the only fascinating thing about TikTok. It also has endless filters and effects that will make you explore and create more videos than ever before. So many, in fact, that you might want to go back and delete some of them afterwards.
Here is everything you need to know about how to delete videos on TikTok ...
How to delete TikTok videos
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to delete a TikTok, which thankfully is pretty easy:
- Open the app on your phone. The first thing you will see is your FYP.
- At the bottom right of the screen is an icon that says " I" . Tip it on. This will take you to your profile page.
- This page is where you can scroll and view all of the videos you've posted. Tap the video that you want to delete to open it.
- Then click on the symbol with the three points (...) right of the screen. A popup will appear at the bottom.
- Scroll right through this popup until you find the button See deletion and press this.
- Another popup will ask if you really want to delete the video. Press again the Removal Button.
That's it. You have now permanently removed the video from your account.
By the way, if you've ever wondered if clearing your cache on the app will clear your videos, it doesn't. An article explains what happens when you clear your cache on TikTok when you are curious about the feature.
Tip: Back up before deleting a TikTok video
If you're one of those people who responds to impulses, you can delete a video to regret it later and wish you had a copy saved. While some phones automatically save a copy of the uploaded videos in a TikTok folder, not all devices do.
If you'd rather be on the safe side, you can save your video before deleting it. The way to do this is to follow the same steps as above through number five. Instead of scrolling to the right, click the button To save. This is the first option in the popup. You can then delete the video with no worries.
Here's how to make a TikTok video private instead
If you want to remove a video from your TikTok profile, deleting it is not your only option. Since deletion is permanent, you should consider a reversible alternative.
If you watch the video on " Set private , you can be the only one to view it. This method gives you a chance to change your mind in the future and put it back on your profile for everyone to see.
Read more: How to get verified on TikTok
This method is sometimes better than re-uploading your saved version because it retains all of the original comments, views, and likes. However, if you want the video to get a new life and better traction, it might be better to upload it again.
Either way, you can make the video private:
- Tap the video on your profile page.
- Press the Symbol with the three points (...) right of the screen.
- Scroll through the pop-up at the bottom of the screen and select Privacy settings .
- In this window, press Who can watch this video?
- Switch to Private and exit the program.
It is now hidden from anyone but you.
Why would you want to delete a TikTok video?
There are many reasons why you might want to delete a video. Maybe you followed a trend that seemed really cool a year ago and is now just lame. Or maybe you made a statement that felt good back then, but the people in the comments called you and you've changed your mind since then.
A common reason for deleting a video is that it didn't get enough views, or that you as a creator have grown and it just doesn't fit your brand anymore. Whatever your reason, we say with the old, with the new.
- What is the color of green tea
- Is the love of cleanliness genetic
- There is an age for building muscle
- How did you start managing your finances
- What is a simple authorization letter
- Why does Samsung hate Huawei
- Why is investment banking so competitive
- Which are the top rated Android games
- Are anger problems genetic
- Take your job seriously
- The best motivational film in the world
- What is survival skulling
- Why is Google so popular
- What is a PLI salary
- What is 3 3x3 3 39
- What is a generator anchor
- Do you greet magpies
- What is the Illuminati Secret Society
- What makes a good IDE code editor
- Juventus improves with Ronaldo
- Which country has the best website designers
- Can any apps make your kids smarter?
- Are chatbots for Skype still ready?
- What's the best address book app