What are bebinca cakes
Bebinca: A layered Goan dessert
Bebinca is a traditional, rich dessert from Goa, a must for any celebration, be it a birth, wedding, Christmas or Easter. Bebinca takes patience - a layer can only be added if that's underneath - but the end result is well worth the effort. Traditional bebinca has 16 layers, but you can make as many as you want.
What you will need
- 250 grams of flour
- 700 milliliters of coconut milk
- 2 cups of sugar
- 24 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- Garnish: almond slivers
How to do it
- Mix the coconut milk and sugar and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolk until frothy.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Add all of the flour in, a little at a time, to make sure there aren't any lumps left.
- Preheat your grill.
- Place a tablespoon of ghee in a baking pan (any pan) at least 6 "deep. Place this pan under the grill until the ghee melts.
- Take it out from under the grill and pour in some of the prepared batter to form a 1/4 "thick layer. Place it under the grill and cook until the top is golden. Check regularly.
- Remove from under the grill and immediately add another tablespoon of ghee to the previous layer. It will melt.
- Now pour another layer of dough the same thickness as the previous one. Cook under the grill until golden.
- Repeat the layering process until all of the batter is used up.
- The last layer has to be ghee. When done, turn the bebinca on a flat plate and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or cold.
|Dietary guidelines (per serving)|
|Total fat||73 g|
|Saturated fat||46 g|
|Unsaturated fat||18 g|
- What should we look for in YouTube
- Are there Uber drivers who drive a Tesla
- Why can't I find LazyPay?
- What is pre-insulated HVAC duct cleaning
- What foods do United States Marines eat
- Why does black culture demonize the cold?
- Should I stop talking to her 1
- What are your favorite motivational books
- What can make someone partially deaf
- Should burger buns be roasted
- Git has been revised
- Who was the wife of Emperor Aurangzeb
- What is a soft copy
- When are the CBSE Class 10 results
- Which is the best HR workflow software
- How does pollination occur
- How can depression lead to debilitating loneliness
- Should deceased actors be recreated using CGI
- How can we cure vegetarianism
- Why is Plato's philosopher-king incorruptible
- Is there really a good free antivirus out there
- How to become an international lawyer
- Can a narcissist be your worst friend
- Dogs feel death
- What are the benefits of nude yoga
- How do you define contempt
- Can you recover from a narcissistic marriage?
- Who are the Machiavellian leaders throughout history
- Is sing a transitive verb or not
- Why is garbage sorting important
- Where are standing desks popular in 2015
- Insomnia means you will never sleep