How did Ralph Lauren become successful
The parents of the fashion designer Ralph Lauren came from Belarus, he himself was born in 1939 in the New York Bronx. During his school days, Ralph Rueben Lifshitz, as he was still called back then, was selling ties; with the money he earned, he bought expensive suits. He took the name Lauren because Lifshitz sounded like "Life" and "Shit". After dropping out of business studies and serving two years in the US Army, he worked for a few years as a salesman in the Brooks Brothers fashion house and then for the tie manufacturer Beau Brummel in the early 1960s. In 1966 he created his own tie collection, which he sold to smaller New York shops. His showroom was then in the Empire State Building.
With financial help from clothing manufacturer Norman Hilton, he opened his first tie boutique under the name Polo in 1967; he had previously acquired the rights to use this brand name from Brooks Brothers. In 1969 a shop-in-shop was opened at Bloomingdales's in New York, and another boutique opened in 1971 on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. At that time, Ralph Lauren already had complete clothing collections for men (from 1970) and women (from 1971) on offer. In 1970 he won the Coty Award from the perfume manufacturer Coty for his first men's collection. In 1972 Lauren brought out a polo shirt that was as successful as the Lacoste polo shirts. It was also the first item of clothing to have the polo player logo on the breast pocket.
Ralph Lauren now offers sportswear, leisurewear, jeans, children's fashion, interior furnishings, perfumes and wellness products. The best known is probably the elegant but casual leisure line polo - especially the pink or light blue shirt with the polo player on the breast pocket.
Ralph Lauren's main store is located on Madison Avenue in New York City. Ralph Lauren Corporation has been listed on the stock exchange since 1997. Ralph Lauren, who also owns a famous car and classic car collection (Ralph Laren Collection; 60 vehicles), is the most famous American fashion designer alongside Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Prefer Android or Pixel
- Which traditional Israeli food is worth checking out
- You can polish marble surfaces by hand
- How good is a 1360 SAT
- What is special about YourQuote
- To which country does the North Pole belong
- Would you like to improve your grades
- What are the meditations for stress
- What are examples of ionization
- Why does the specific resistance not depend on the length
- What is a colonial policy
- Why is SEO more important than content
- Is it legal to split lanes in Florida?
- Adoption means something about genetics
- What are good textbooks for general physics
- Urban Dictionary is worth a real word
- Which instrument should I play?
- Why is the world full of fools
- What's in a banana split
- Which is better forestry or fishing
- Why was William Shakespeare never knighted
- What is the quality of Epiphone instruments
- Is Goa good for a family outing
- Why should you stop using Facebook right away?
- Are there television screens at United Airlines
- What is the future of iPhone apps
- Should I give up my novel?
- What are regulated rectifiers
- How powerful is Starscream compared to Megatron
- How important are probiotics in today's world
- Why charger over turbocharger
- What is cirrhosis disease
- How does Winnipeg compare to Minneapolis