Aging people in a coma
Archive overview | imprint
THEME:Woke up from a coma after 19 years
Angelica the discussion started on July 10th, 2003 (10:11 am) with the following post:
After 19 years on June 12, 2003 a coma patient in Arkansas suddenly woke up again. His first word was `` mom '', the mother of 39-year-old Terry Wallis reported in an interview on CNN. Then the words `` Pepsi '' and `` Milk '' should have followed, meanwhile he can speak fluently again and is fully conscious. He first saw his daughter, who was born shortly after his accident. Now he wants to do everything possible to learn to walk again. The young man had an accident in his car in 1984.
mechtild answered on 07/10/03 (23:23):
If a patient is attached to various devices, I think it is problematic to simply switch them off. Who should you give permission for? Doctors have to save lives. It is not your responsibility to judge whether a life is worth living or not.
schorsch answered on 07/11/03 (08:31):
You can roughly imagine how a person would feel after being frozen for 1000 years in the hope of being brought back to life. I think the shock would be so great that the poor guy would be dead again ...
Collegiate child answered on 07/11/03 (08:49):
The frozen one wakes up at least in the youthful (?) State of freezing.
Angelica answered on 07/11/03 (09:03):
Well, coma patients aren't just seniors ...
Ursula J. replied on 07/11/03 (9:07 pm):
I don't want to be in a coma for 19 years, not even a year. If there is no change after two weeks, it should be switched off (for me). Even if it were about my son, whom I love very much, I wouldn't want him to be in a coma for years.
juttam answered on 07/12/03 (07:07):
Yes pen child
schorsch answered on 07/12/03 (11:24):
This patient will make up for his information deficit faster than, for example, a jungle Indian who suddenly finds himself at the mercy of modern civilization. But what he cannot do is find his lost years .....
Johanna answered on 07/13/03 (8:57 pm):
Our daughter was in a coma for almost 2 weeks. We drove 150 minutes to the clinic every day to be able to see them there for 5 minutes. The way home took the same amount of time. The thought of switching off the machines would never have occurred to us. Today she is a happy adult with an adult son and enjoys life.
dutchweepee answered on 07/17/03 (02:04):
ANGELICA ... i saw the pictures of this "helpless worm". the fact that he could say "mom, pepsi, milk ... and RONALD REAGAN" does not testify to future quality of life.
juttam answered on 07/17/03 (05:31):
Apart from the "Bush" joke, Dutch,
Gudrun answered on 07/17/03 (07:11):
Hello, Dutch ..
Mart answered on 07/17/03 (11:07 am):
With will you mean a living will, which with your personal. Papers is kept. A real will is only opened after death.
Bernd answered on 08/03/03 (05:28):
I think it's pretty awesome to wake up after 19 years and have to find out that you are an old (?) man.
- Which Pokemon are stronger than Pikachu
- How can someone destroy someone else's character
- What medication must be taken before meals?
- What is the process of gel electrophoresis
- Why do weeds make me tired
- What are some quiet morning routines
- What do people think of Argo
- Is the Alabama ban on abortion ethical?
- What is Westphalia
- What was the first battle of World War I
- What would Medicare cover for everyone
- How is the Rocket Man
- How does the Geiger Mueller counter work
- Why are they increasing the prices of train tickets
- What mask are you wearing
- Why do successful artists use drugs
- Who makes a family
- What is Lady Gaga's latest album
- What is log-based recovery
- What are the best ecommerce SEO companies
- What's the lowest fraction in math
- What do Minnows eat
- How good at math was Erwin Schroedinger
- What is Wargaming Net
- What is nx
- How are dresses without seams made
- DeviantArt is a dying platform
- What is your biggest daily anger
- What is a light bump
- Which is the best international bank
- Why is the US trying to stop BRICS
- Why do we experience intuition
- Which modern TypeScript framework should I learn