Will the file and folder system survive
8. Hide folders and files
Many families often have a computer that all members share. It is more than understandable that, despite different user accounts, some people want to hide their folders and files. Nothing easier than that: Go to Windows Explorer and right-click to create a new folder in a remote corner of the hard drive. Give it an inconspicuous name and put all files and subfolders here that you don't want anyone else to discover.
Now select the "View" category from the Explorer menu. The key function is hidden here: "Hide selected elements". If you click this button and the checkmark on the left next to "Hidden elements" is not set, your top secret collection will disappear as if by magic. But be careful! All those who use the same computer could theoretically show all the hidden elements in this way. If you don't know this function, the hidden files are relatively safe before your eyes.
9. Control computers with gestures
With Windows 10, Microsoft has significantly improved the operation. Whether scaling the current view or conveniently sliding while surfing: If a current notebook is equipped with the new operating system, the focus is on the touchpad. New swiping gestures have been incorporated. For example, the task overview opens when you swipe upwards over the touchpad with three fingers. If you want to see which programs are open, you can do so by swiping either right or left with three fingers. So you can sit much more comfortably at the laptop and operate Windows 10 more smoothly, without a mouse or keyboard.
10. Make better use of the command line
Whether WLAN configuration or file search: For some hobby hackers, the command line is the perfect tool to quickly feed Windows with a few commands. It has always been a loyal companion of Windows and Microsoft has added a few new features for the current version. It is now possible to use the command prompt with key combinations such as [Ctrl] + [C] or [V]. A real blessing, because before each command had to be entered manually. You can find these and other settings in the command line in their settings.
Start the command prompt with the key combination [Win] + [X]. In the opened context menu, select the entry "Command Prompt (Administrator"). Right-click in the title bar of the program and select the "Properties" entry. Here you can now decide whether the CTRL key combinations should be activated in the command prompt or not. You can now also paste content from the clipboard into the command line under Windows 10.
- When did it hurt you to be multilingual?
- Who are the Machiavellian leaders throughout history
- Is it worth the cost of becoming a pilot?
- Buck teeth are too distracting
- Provides arms to China to North Korea
- Was AB de Villier's cry justified
- What is the purpose of the kumki elephant
- What is data consistency with examples
- Why are wireless devices still so expensive
- Who invented a magnet?
- What are some quiet morning routines
- When will the Space Nazis attack?
- What is biological psychiatry
- How are you different from yourself
- At what age do children
- Another company is buying Netflix
- Can dogs get root canals
- What is so regular about regular languages
- Are Louis Vuitton bags cheaper in Europe?
- How did heavy metal come about
- Can we check other people's credits?
- What is the best soap for flaws
- What is BITSAT 2020
- Is the decentralized BISQ exchange secure?
- Why did Caesar conquer Gaul
- Why don't sleeping pills work on me
- What are some vampire skills
- How can we keep the relationship going?
- What is the Sauganash neighborhood of Chicago known for?
- How is ITM Mumbai for an EMBA
- What is total trust
- Who wins Leicester or Everton