Why can't we breed hybrid animals?
Medical research The Japanese allow human-animal hybrids
Human-animal hybrids - such experiments have so far been subject to strict rules. For example, US researchers allowed human cells to grow in a pig embryo for four weeks before ending the experiment. In Japan such experiments were only allowed up to the 14th day of embryonic development. But thanks to a change in the law, the country now allows the development of such human-animal hybrids until birth.
Hiromitsu Nakauchi, a stem cell researcher at Tokyo University, has received permission to conduct the experiments from the Japanese Ministry of Education and Research, according to a report in Nature. Nakauchi plans to first grow human cells in mouse and rat embryos and then transplant them into replacement animals. Later he wants to let hybrid embryos grow up to 70 days in pigs. The aim of the research is to produce animals with organs from human cells so that these organs can later be transplanted into humans.
How does a human organ grow in a foreign embryo?
Nakauchi and his team proceed as follows: They create an animal embryo that is missing a gene. For example one that is responsible for the production of a pancreas. Then they inject human pluripotent stem cells. Such cells can produce virtually all types of cells. In this case, they are programmed to allow a human organ, a pancreas, to grow in the animal embryo.
According to the report, Nakauchi succeeded in carrying out this experiment with mouse cells in a rat embryo as early as 2017. According to the researchers, the pancreas developed in this way was transplanted into the mouse, was able to control the blood sugar level and cure the mouse of diabetes.
- What is ot
- Which is healthier low carb or keto
- Can psychopaths break up
- What's your rating of MBA Bootcamp
- How is bile stored
- Online education certificates are worthwhile
- How is the chaos in Nirma University
- What about google in google
- What is sola energy
- When was the ice age
- What is conventional paving bitumen
- How is ILP Hyderabad
- Fibromyalgia makes people healthy
- Is Shahid Kapoor underestimated?
- Why does wearing flats hurt my feet
- Am I too old to use Snapchat?
- What is a home infusion therapy provider
- Why are some laws not available
- Which is better Broadway or Hollywood
- What is IIS 8 0 in Windows
- How do people write a tragedy
- What can John Constantine do magically
- How is mathematics used in game development
- Did people invent or discover intelligence?