Why are French fries so called
consumer : Who invented it?
French fries already have an indication of their origin in their name: “Pommes de terre frites” comes from French and means something like “baked potatoes”. For a long time there was a dispute over the question of which nation should consider itself to be the inventor of the food. The French claimed to have fried potato sticks under the bridges of Paris as early as the 1789 Revolution. At that time they supposedly bore the name of the oldest bridge in Paris: Pommes Pont-Neuf. In the meantime, however, the
Belgians feel like an inventor nation. They even have the proof in writing. A family document shows that the residents around the Meuse were already deep-fried potatoes in the 17th century.
“The inhabitants of Namur, Huy and Dinant have the habit of fishing in the Meuse and then deep-frying this catch in order to expand their menu,” wrote a certain Joseph Gérard as early as 1781. “When the waters are frozen over and only fishing If it is difficult to do, the residents cut potatoes into fish form and then deep-fry them. This practice is more than a hundred years old. ”In other words: French fries were primarily a meal for poor people. Potato sticks are still a relatively inexpensive meal today. In the meantime, the organic wave has also reached the classic fast food dish. For example in the Wittys snack bar on Wittenbergplatz in Berlin. Only organically grown food is offered there; a portion of French fries costs 2.50 euros. These fries tasted good to Stiftung Warentest, and in the laboratory the testers found hardly any trans fatty acids and few harmful substances. The only downer: the frying fat was too old. ah
- What is a trade line of credit
- What are your terrible wedding experiences
- Which university has the most gay students?
- Why are old photos so dark
- Have you ever met a rattlesnake
- Is India an imperialist country
- How do you deal with being an empath?
- What are the challenges for left-handers
- Why are Iitians unemployed
- Who is your favorite Ottoman Sultan
- Who the hell invented the sign
- How old is mexico city
- Will Hurricane Dorian hit central Florida
- What is coding theory
- How many people work for DuckDuckGo
- Can emotions make you sick
- What is the full meaning of DSLR
- Should art be required in high school
- Who is a good contemporary African artist
- How can an introvert be at home
- What are your favorite indie Spotify playlists
- Why does my soda smell like mothballs
- How is it that most of the people are not gay?
- How would you change the electoral college
- How are the relations between AKP and MHP
- Why is the temperature constant
- Is leaking government secrets good
- SMS is dead
- Which statistics courses are available online
- Is Moscow or Saint Petersburg safer?
- What are neurosciences
- What is social media analytics
- Who was the most violent Roman god?