Why is my laptop keyboard not responding
hardware Keyboard has stopped working - You can do that
Many are familiar with the problem: your keyboard suddenly stops responding and it is impossible to enter data. This error can have various causes. In this article, we will show you various ways of solving the problem - regardless of whether you are sitting at the PC or in front of your laptop.
Keyboard on the PC
First, check whether the keyboard is correctly connected to your computer. Remove the keyboard and then reconnect it. If your keyboard is connected to your computer via USB, make sure that the USB connection is properly seated. Also change the socket for test purposes, because a defect in a USB socket could also be the cause of the problem. Finally, restart your computer once and then check that the keyboard is working correctly again. If it doesn't, the next thing you can do is take a look at the keyboard driver.
Reinstall the driver
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.display
Your keyboard is on strike despite checking the connection and reinstalling the driver? There may then be a defect. To check this, you can connect the keyboard to another computer. If it doesn't work there either, it is very likely that the fault is in the keyboard itself.
Tip: At heise.de we compared keyboards for you. In the test: 15 keyboards for writers and players
With laptops there is the special case that the keyboard could have been accidentally locked. The key lock is usually achieved by a combination of the [Fn] key with one of the [F1] to [F12] buttons triggered. Exactly which key is involved differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. Press [Fn] along with the button on which a small Keyboard or lock symbol to unlock the key. If there is no key lock, the driver could also be a possible source of error here. Problems can arise after Windows updates, especially if it was installed from a CD. Check if the latest Windows version is available on your laptop and reinstall the driver if necessary. Read here how to update the driver.
Tip: In this way you can force a Windows update on your computer.
quick start Guide
- Open the Control panel and choose "system and safety" out.
- Then go to "system".
- Select the point "Device manager" out.
- Click the arrow next to "Keyboards"and then do one Right click on your keyboard and uninstall You them.
- Start Your calculator New. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.
- What are artists for?
- Why are CSS files mostly minimized?
- Is isocitrate dehydrogenase an allosteric enzyme
- JIPMER was merged with NEET
- Where I can sell solar energy
- Is chemistry a good career option
- Why is Batman's voice morose
- Are there good psychiatrists in Lucknow?
- The message of Christianity is amazingly inspiring
- How can I arouse interest in drawing?
- When was the GSLV started?
- How does Salonpas work
- What is a cover band
- Where does modern Russia come from geographically
- Are children considered property in court
- Confidence decreases with age
- What does daya
- Why does my jaw hurt after running
- Is satanism legal in Romania
- How is it in Venezuela
- What makes someone physically unattractive to you
- What is interlocking mats
- Why did Jiva come out of Brahman
- Is olive oil overrated