What does a shareholder own
Shareholder of a stock corporation.
He is thus a partner and co-owner of the stock corporation, but has no management powers (shareholder rights, shareholder obligations, shares, types of shares).
____________________1992 - 1994 - 1996
Employee shareholders 1,552 1,498 1,506
other shareholders 2,661 2,736 3,497
Total shareholders 4,213 4,234 5,003
Source: Deutsches Aktieninstitut
Shareholders in Germany 1994? 1996 (in thousands)
Co-owner of the stock corporation, but has no management powers
see also under
>>> Shareholder rights,
>>> Shareholder obligations,
>>> Types of stocks.
The shareholder is the partner of the stock corporation. He has voting rights and the right to information in the general meeting of the AG. In addition, as property rights, he has a dividend right, a subscription right to shares and convertible bonds as well as a right to the pro-rata liquidation proceeds when the company is dissolved.
is a holder of shares in a company, through the acquisition of which he participates in its share capital. He does not acquire partial ownership of the company! Rather, he is the owner of the share, from which his actual rights and obligations arise.
In socialist economics: owner of a share with a claim to a share of the net profit (dividend).
Depending on the size of the stake, he / she is a major shareholder or a small shareholder. Most of the shareholders do not have any direct influence on the politics of the stock corporations. They can have a say at the annual general meeting of the stock corporations; this “shareholder democracy” is, however, of a purely theoretical nature. By arrangement. Voting rights in custody accounts and blocks of shares determine the real rulers (corporate groups, banks, consortia), the process and results of the shareholders' meetings. In the Federal Republic of Germany, 6 to 7 percent of the population own shares. > Share
See also: share.
is (a) the partner (co-owner) of a stock corporation. He can be a natural or legal person or, for example, a share fund (share owner). b) His membership right, which is characterized by duty of loyalty and equal treatment (sum of his rights and obligations towards the company) results from his share in the share capital. The rights of the shareholder include in particular:
(1) Entitlement to profit (dividend);
(2) Co-administration rights such as voting rights for shares, the right to information and subscription rights. c) The shareholder's investment risk is limited because, with a few exceptions, he is not personally liable for the liabilities of the stock corporation. d) Because the shares can be freely transferred at any time, the shareholder's bond with the stock corporation is relatively loose. e) There are no legal relationships of a personal nature between the shareholders. See also stock corporation (with references), types of shares, shareholder forum, shareholders' association, main shareholder, small shareholder, minority shareholder. Internet: http://www.deraktionaer.de
The holder of shares is called a shareholder. He has membership rights in a stock corporation, which are regulated in detail in the Stock Corporation Act. This includes the right to participate in the general meeting, the right to vote and certain rights to information. The shareholder is entitled to a portion of the corporate profit of the stock corporation, provided that this profit is not excluded from distribution to the shareholders by law, the articles of association (e.g. obligation to build up reserves) or by a resolution of the general meeting. The shareholder has no direct influence on the management of a stock corporation. Membership is acquired through subscription or purchase of shares. A shareholder is only liable with his contribution, but not for the liabilities of the company.
See also: Aktiengesellschaft
Previous technical term: shareholder | Next technical term: letter to shareholders
Report this article to the editors as incorrect and reserve it for editing
- What are the best modern paintings
- What year was marijuana created?
- What is a GPS vehicle location system
- Will Diablo 4 be an MMORPG
- What are the best stocks in NSE
- What is the value of 2 infinite
- How is htc m10
- What are the different types of flowers
- What's the problem in Iraq
- Why do porn stars look so attractive
- Digital marketing means
- What are informative articles What are some
- Is God racist towards me?
- How is it that people have different skin types
- How is the Rocket Man
- How can a teacher teach photosynthesis
- Can RH negative delay get pregnant
- Is India's primary education in crisis
- How can I post videos on Pinterest
- How good at math was Erwin Schroedinger
- What is the most popular device
- Will Wikipedia and Quora ever work together?
- How long should I cook spaghetti
- Hillary Clinton has immunity from prosecution