What is IIS 8 0 in Windows
News in Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0
Microsoft Web Server Internet Information Server (IIS) version 8.0 is included in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8. Version 8.0 offers the following key new functions, especially for hosting numerous IIS websites on a Windows server:
- Support for the W3C websockets protocol
- Extension of the autostart function introduced in IIS 7.5: During the initialization phase, the IIS can display static pages ("splash screen"). Different splash screens can be defined using URL rewriting patterns.
- Extension of the settings of the CPU usage restriction for IIS application pools: Now a website that uses too much CPU is no longer switched off, but throttled. The throttling is user-specific and applies to all application pools running under the same user.
- Dynamic IP address restrictions: Blocking of IP addresses based on the simultaneous number of requests or the number of requests in a certain period of time
- Setting of the response to the client when an IP address restriction applies (previously there was always the response "403.6 Forbidden", now "401 Unauthorized", "Not Found 404" or a termination of the connection are also possible.
- The setting "Enable Proxy Mode" for IP address restrictions allows the HTTP header "X-Forwarded-For (XFF)", which contains the IP address of the caller, to be taken into account when access is via a proxy.
- Support for Server Name Indication (SNI) to include a host name in the negotiation phase of an SSL certificate (when several websites share one IP address). The feature only works with newer browsers and operating systems (Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0, for example, do not support SNI).
- Improvement of the loading behavior for SSL certificates by not loading all certificates anymore, but only the required ones.
- Central certificate store as .pfx files in a network path (Central Certificate Store, CSS). The certificate is assigned according to naming conventions.
- Extension of the graphical administration modules in the IIS Manager for ASP.NET setting of the web.config file. For ASP.NET 4.x web applications, providers, ASP.NET membership users and ASP.NET roles as well as some compilation and page settings added in ASP.NET 4.x can now be managed via the IIS Manager.
- Extended settings for scaling when using Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) hardware;
- Limitation of the number of FTP login attempts within a definable period (FTP IP Restrictions Module);
- The loading behavior of the IIS configuration files (applicationHost.config, web.config) has been improved and now allows larger files.
By the way: In IIS 8.0 you can only use ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5. However, ASP.NET 3.5 is still displayed as "ASP.NET 2.0" in the settings of an application pool. The installation of .NET 4.0 is not intended on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, as .NET 4.5 sees itself as an "in-place update" of .NET 4.0. In theory, you could uninstall .NET 4.5 and then install .NET 4.0. But I have not yet tried whether that works in practice.
Dr. Holger Schwichtenberg is Chief Technology Expert at MAXIMAGO, which offers innovation and experience-driven software development, e.g. in highly critical security-related areas. He is also head of the expert network www.IT-Visions.de, which, with 38 renowned experts, supports numerous medium-sized and large companies with advice and training in the development and operation of software.
Read CV »
- How experienced guitarists write solos
- What is a TF card
- What is the meaning of Ganga
- Robert De Niro is the greatest of all time
- Bertrand Russell was a libertarian socialist
- Who pollutes the Yangtze
- Should my resume be just one page
- Should deceased actors be recreated using CGI
- What latest technology impressed you
- How fast should my internet be
- Statutory sentences are always true
- What are the benefits of blog commenting
- How do warehouse companies store goods
- What is the hardness of halite
- Where were the Vedas found
- How does digital narcissism affect teenagers
- Flirting girls
- Does Keanu Reeves run a motorcycle company
- What are some good google analytics tutorials
- Which is the best HR workflow software
- What is Osage Orange
- How much mobile data does Spotify use
- Is Sarasota tap water drinkable
- Who is Jimia