What are some recipes including passion fruit
How do you eat a passion fruit?
Maracuja is a subspecies of passion fruit and tastes good with both sweet and savory dishes. (Photo by: © Kesu / fotolia.com)
The passion fruit is egg-shaped, has a firm skin and many edible seeds, similar to a pomegranate. The juice of the passion fruit tastes bitterly sweet or sour and contains, depending on the variety lots of vitamin C.. Depending on the variety of passion flowers, the fruits are very different.
Most passion fruit are inedible, some varieties are even poisonous. Therefore, most types of passion fruit only use the juice. However, the passion fruit available from us are edible.
Info: Passion fruits contain a lot of vitamins C and B. There are also many healthy, unsaturated fatty acids in the kernels. 100 grams of the fruit have around 63 kcal. The fruit is said to have a blood pressure reducing, calming and sleep-promoting effect.
Difference Between Passion Fruit and Maracuja
Often will Passion fruit and Passion fruit confused or equated (both belong to the genus of passion flowers), but they are two different fruits that are related to each other, but differ in taste and appearance.
- Passion fruit: Taste more sour, color is light green to yellowish, is twice the size of a passion fruit
- Passion fruit: Taste more sweet, color is dark red to purple
This is how you eat a passion fruit
They are cut open and spooned out like a kiwi, along with the kernels. If you want to do without the seeds, you can put the pulp through a sieve.
Tip: With a few squirts of lemon juice, the fruit tastes particularly refreshing.
Purchase, maturity and storage
You can recognize a ripe passion fruit by the wrinkled skin, however, it should not yet have any pressure points. If the skin is still smooth, the fruit can still ripen at room temperature until the skin becomes wrinkled or slightly wrinkled.
The ripe passion fruit can be stored in the refrigerator and is there Shelf life 1-2 weeks.
They can also be frozen in pureed form and will keep there for 10-12 months.
The passion fruit is called Fresh fruit consumed, used in fruit salads or in other desserts when not made into juice.
A very high quality oil is obtained from the seeds of the passion fruit.
Tip: If you have a sensitive stomach, you should avoid passion fruit with dairy products.
The passion fruit as a remedy
Like many plants, the passion flower is also used in naturopathy. It should help against tension, irritability, nervous restlessness or anxiety, as well as against sleep disorders and tension. It is also used for back pain and heart problems.
Another area of application are Gastrointestinal complaints, Asthma and depressive moods.
Rating: Ø 3.8 (793 votes)
- What are your tips for aspiring writers
- How dangerous is Meerut
- Will Firouzja be the next Magnus Carlsen?
- What will replace the Macbook Pro
- Can plovers fly?
- Should society forbid monopolies
- What makes a rich man stingy?
- How is a domesticated person
- What is mutual induction
- Which antacid is good after meals
- Which startups emerged from hackathon projects
- Can you upload wedding videos to YouTube?
- How old is the African continent
- Indian girls are open to contacts
- Little Rock Arkansas is a racist city
- What exercise can make my nose longer
- What is activated carbon made of
- What is depth in relation to art
- There are now low risk investments
- What is your theory for BTS lights
- Can China hide its secrets forever?
- Why can't I be me
- Have the Illuminati ever contacted you
- What are some cool life hacks