What is ready mix cement
Mixing precast concrete - this is how you do it right
In order for concrete to achieve its planned strength, the so-called water-cement ratio must be right in any case. It describes the ratio of water to the cement present in the concrete mix. Neither too much nor too little water must be added, and the water-concrete mixture must be as uniform as possible so that the correct water-cement ratio is achieved.
In any case, this requires exact mixing - in addition to the exact addition of water, in the amount as prescribed by the manufacturer. Incidentally, this also applies to mixing mortar (7.79 € on Amazon *) s and screeds, but due to their consistency, it is often easier there.
Depending on the amount of concrete you need, you can use different mixing devices. The easiest option if you only need a little concrete is to mix by hand with the shovel, which is best done on a tarpaulin or in the largest possible tub.
With a special mixer you can also mix smaller amounts of concrete in the tub - the process is generally faster than by hand and is less strenuous. The mixing result is also often better than mixing by hand. But that always depends on the practice you have in it.
Concrete mixers are also suitable for larger quantities. Again, it's about using the right mixing technique. First you put two thirds of the required amount of water into the mixer, then the concrete mixture, and then gradually the remaining third of the amount of water. The concrete must not stay in the mixer for too long. But it has to stay in it long enough that it is sufficiently well mixed. That always requires some experience.
Proper mixing by hand
If you only need a small amount of concrete for home improvement, simply use a shovel to work with. Mixers are possible if they are sufficiently powerful, but most of them are usually overwhelmed with the tough concrete mass. They can burn out or become unbalanced.
Use the shovel to spread the concrete mixture a little on the tarpaulin or in the tub. Then pour the first liter of water over the mixture. Now turn the scoop with the curved side towards you and pierce the mixture.
Push a small pile forward and push it back with the shovel blade. You can do this in as many places as possible on your precast concrete (€ 18.49 on Amazon *). Every now and then, slide the scoop into the mixture from below and turn it over completely.
Then pour another liter of water over the entire mixture and repeat the process until you have added all the water you need by the liter. So the concrete is exactly mixed and evenly.
* Affiliate link to AmazonMain page »Build» Building materials »Stones» Concrete »Types of concrete» Ready-mixed concrete
- What is your most memorable date
- Why is PETA considered controversial
- Can THAAD make South Korea safer
- What are other instruments like the piano
- Is Lisbon a safe city to travel to?
- Why hasn't religion gone away yet?
- Where does chalk come from
- What is your favorite restaurant that hack orders
- Where can I buy spy cameras
- Damages the preparation of a piano it
- Have a TEFL TESOL certificate
- What's your favorite British saying
- Is Drunk History a good show
- Is Alfred J Kolatch was a rabbi
- What was Einstein's approach to problem solving
- How does alcohol consumption affect hearing?
- What are the common exits from homelessness
- What are relay sockets
- Do all SOCs have an ARM bus architecture
- Who is a Computer Systems Analyst
- You can dye red hair pink
- How much mobile data does Spotify use
- Which chemical element name starts with nic
- What is a mortgage