Where do you travel most often
Big comparison of federal states: This is how Germans travel
Wherever Germany travels to is not the same across the whole of Germany. We checked our booking data and analyzed the regional differences in travel behavior - including a few surprises. These are the regional travel preferences of Germans:
Ripe for the island: Thuringia and (Lower) Saxony
The Germans' favorite island is, how could it be otherwise, Mallorca. The Balearic Island is represented in the top ten travel destinations of each federal state. Only the Thuringians name Ibiza (3) and Fuerteventura (4) before Mallorca (5) their personal island favorites. In addition, the longing for islands is most pronounced in Thuringia: there are eight islands among the top ten. Only Saxony and Lower Saxony compete with the state in this regard, each with seven islands in the most popular travel destinations.
Courage for the gap: Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate
In the large regional comparison by Opodo.de, Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate turn out to be real individualists. The Saarland's top ten includes four travel destinations that have not made it into the top ten in any other federal state: Budapest (6), Catania (Italy / Sicily) (7), Moscow (8) and Oslo (9) . Rhineland-Palatinate also prefers four exclusive travel destinations: Girona (Spain / Costa Brava) (4), Bari (Italy / Apulia) (8), Cagliari (Italy / Sardinia) (9) and Porto (Portugal) (10).
The favorite destinations of the federal states
There is agreement among the federal states with regard to the favorite destination. The top destination outside of Germany is London for the majority of federal states. A total of seven federal states favor the metropolis on the Thames - Bavaria, Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Thuringia and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. The Turkish mega-city Istanbul, on the other hand, is the favorite of the people of Baden-Württemberg, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia and Saxony-Anhalter. After all, two federal states remain loyal to the Germans' favorite island, Mallorca, in an overall comparison: Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate.
When it comes to long-distance travel, New York City scores with most of the federal states. The Big Apple is particularly popular with Berliners (9), Brandenburgers (9), Hesse (9) and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania (9). The Bavarians are out of the ordinary: With them, Bangkok in Thailand comes in a remarkable fourth place. Many federal states are exercising restraint when it comes to long-distance travel. In the top ten of the people of Hamburg, Baden-Württemberg, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Bremen, Thuringia, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalter, Saarbrücken and Rhineland-Palatinate, no long-distance travel destination is listed at all.
- Can the stock market be controlled
- How much should a man learn
- Why should people switch to LED lamps
- Why do people share similar dreams 1
- Films What kind of TV show is that
- Where does Kaytranada hang in Montreal
- How do you make great videos
- What's the ugly side of medicine
- How is Ellen Page personally
- What does the CPU scheduling algorithm do
- Can RH negative delay get pregnant
- Why is New Haven CT so liberal
- What's the best song by Ariana Grande
- What does umay mean
- When will you be using the React Router
- What causes bone pain during fever
- Is it okay to decline a gift?
- Which actor is called Delancy
- How important is the girlfriend in your life
- Who was more powerful than Thanos or Wanda?
- How do I learn to code online
- A laboratory urine pregnancy test may be wrong
- How tough is EEE engineering
- Politics can cause depression