How does ascorbic acid kill cancer cells
In cancer therapy, vitamin C is usually administered in the form of high-dose infusions (7.5 to 45 grams and more of vitamin C per infusion). As a preventive measure, vitamin C can also be taken orally. As is well known, experts are more than divided about the ideal dosage.
Almost all animals can independently produce vitamin C from glucose in the liver. Humans, along with guinea pigs, bats, some bird species and a few other animal species, are an exception here. Dogs and goats, for example, should be able to produce 20,000 milligrams of vitamin C per day, although this amount always depends on the current and individual needs and state of health of the individual Animal sways.
In comparison, the 100 milligrams recommended by the German Nutrition Society (for adults and 200 milligrams for adults in stressful situations) sound a bit miserable. For this reason, Linus Pauling recommended a multiple of this dose. He himself is said to have taken around 18 grams of vitamin C for years - and was 93 years old after all.
Those who compose their diet mainly from fresh organic fruits, salads, herbs, nuts, vegetables, algae and other natural foods, at the same time avoid processed finished products (vitamin robbers), can ensure a permanently disproportionately higher vitamin C level than people, who rely on the food industry. However, especially in times of hardship - stress, risk of infection or illness - an additional vitamin C supply with natural vitamin C can be of great benefit.
The amount of vitamin C actually required varies from person to person. Overdosing is almost impossible, as the body quickly signals this with diarrhea and the person concerned can therefore quickly reduce the dose again.
Not in common with fat
When taking vitamin C, care should be taken to ensure that it is not consumed together with fat, as fat in combination with vitamin C is said to lead to the development of carcinogenic substances.
However, in a related study it was not mentioned whether it was a specific fat (e.g. industrially processed fats) or whether this applies to all fats. To be on the safe side, make sure that vitamin C does NOT end up on a mountain of cream cake or greasy fries with mayonnaise in your stomach.
Natural vitamin C.
Vitamin C is now available in every supermarket at a consistently low price. Mostly it is pure ascorbic acid. Apart from the fact that it makes the organism very acidic and is said to be occasionally contaminated with heavy metals, its bio-usability is not exactly the best. Pure vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid does not occur naturally.
In addition to vitamin C, fruits rich in vitamin C contain many other vital substances, minerals, secondary plant substances and nutrients. Only when all these ingredients of a fruit reach the body together can the body utilize and use the vitamin C optimally. Some vitamin C manufacturers therefore offer vitamin C with bioflavonoids. But even in this combination, many substances are still missing that a whole fruit would have to offer.
For the ideal vitamin C supply, the best - right after fresh, sun-ripened fruits - are preparations that are made from these whole fruits and really contain all the valuable micronutrients from them. The bio-usability of all these ingredients, including vitamin C, is ensured in this way and the organism can benefit exclusively from the additional dose of vitamin C - without any over-acidification or stress.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What are the titles at Samsung
- How naughty is your pet
- Article and law can be done at the same time
- What are racist overtones
- What does Ophelia represent in Hamlet
- What does evolutionary calculation mean
- How do you survive school
- Can I see C code 2
- Which Greek god is the coolest why
- Who provides a free domain
- What is the capital of Luxembourg
- When do you make money on Twitch
- What's worse crack or cocaine
- Well worth the AP psychology
- Is Aragorn related to Elrond
- Was like Nebuchadnezzar to all current leaders
- What is a RAM stick
- Who is a good contemporary African artist
- What is the Sherpa lining made of
- The world would end without politics
- How bad is it really going to be
- What is 9 15 3 2
- How do mortgages work
- Why did Saddam Hussein execute Marxists?
- How do the Russians see the Soviet Union
- Can overheat gear
- Will the third world war take place soon
- What is the most popular device
- What is the national sport of Afghanistan
- How can we fly without a wing
- What is the function of bacterial fimbriae
- How do spirit levels work
- How useful are carrots
- Which orbital has the maximum energy