If 10x 4 24 what is x
Calculate, resolve and rearrange the term
How can you calculate terms or rearrange equations with terms (after x, for example)? Let's look at this:
- A Explanationhow to calculate with terms and equations.
- Lots Examples also for rearranging equations from terms.
- tasks / Exercises so that you can practice this yourself.
- Videos to deal with this issue.
- A Question and answer area to this area.
A little tip at the beginning: If you don't yet know what a term is, you can read it under Term: Definition and Examples.
Explanation Dissolve and rearrange terms
So that there is no too much confusion in your head: terms can be summarized first of all. This can be done if the terms contain the same variables. The next three lines show this:
If you need more examples for combining terms, you will find this under Simplify terms.
Very important: A term does not contain any relation symbols. Relation signs are greater than (>), less than (<), equal to (=), and a few others. In other words, x is a term, 3x is a term, 6a is a term, and so on. A whole line from the examples like x + x + x = 3x is no termbut an equation, because there is an "=" here.
So you can compare terms with each other. In many cases there is an equals sign between two (or more) terms. In middle school, this is often about solving equations from terms for x.
Solve equations from terms for x:
How can one solve equations for x? We'll start with a simple example. The calculation should be 8 · 3 + x = 4. Here, x should be calculated. How do you do this? First of all, the invoice, which is explained below.
We want to rearrange this equation for x. In the end we want with it x = anything have standing there. How do we do this? The calculation looks like this:
- First we calculate 8 · 3 = 24.
- We now have the 24 and the x on one side of the equation and 34 on the other.
- The 24 on the left still bothers us.
- To get a +24 away, we have to calculate -24. What we do we write after a |.
- With an equation, what you do on one side has to be done on the other.
- So we subtract the 24 from the 34. It remains x = 10.
Examples rearrange term / equation
Here are some more complicated examples to be calculated, also with two variables.
Put the equation 3x + 5x - 10 = 6 after x around.
How do you calculate this? First we combine 3x + 5x to 8x. Then we get rid of the -10 by calculating +10. As always, what we do write after a |. This turns 6 on the right-hand side into 16. This leaves us with 8x = 16. In order to solve for x we divide by the number in front of the x, i.e. by 8. On the right side we get 16: 8 = 2.
Here is an example with two variables. This equation should also be solved for x. The equation is xy -2y + 23 = 34.
How do you calculate this?
- First of all, as a reminder: It should be solved for x. In the end you want x = something stand there.
- First the +23 has to be removed, so we calculate -23 on both sides of the equation.
- The -2y also disturbs on the left, so we calculate + 2y. On the left side this is now omitted and on the right we get + 2y.
- On the left side there is still xy. So we have a multiplication of x and y.
- Multiplication is eliminated by dividing.
- We divide by y.
- On the left side, x simply remains.
- On the right hand side, we need to divide each term by y.
- This gives us 11: y.
- And if we divide 2y by y, it just leaves 2.
Tasks / exercises Reshaping termsShow:
Examples of terms
The next video is all about terms and term conversion. Let's look at this:
- Terms basics and summary.
- Exercises and examples for terms.
- How does the summarizing of terms work?
- Some term rewriting / summary tasks.
Next video »
Questions with answers terms and equations
In this area there are still some questions with answers about terms.
Q: What other topics should I learn about terms?
A: The following topics are still interesting:
- What is firmware in Android
- Is quantum mechanics a part of astrophysics
- How do I simulate the IEEE paper
- What was your best hacking experience
- How do I uninstall Firefox from a Mac
- What is the origin of the trojan
- What was the founder of the economy
- Electronics and instrumentation is a good course
- How do oxygen absorbers work
- Oklahoma City is a polluted city
- What is display packaging
- Are vicious narcissists often gullible
- Why did Romania give up the Cyrillic alphabet?
- Who won the Champions League 2018 19
- What's the problem with the kiss number
- When is music useful?
- How do I find my Samsung phone
- Some laptops are made of plastic
- What is the mitochondria of bacteria
- My brother demotivates me
- Saber Amadeus which is better
- Where I can sell solar energy
- There is actually Canadian television and movies
- Is hydrogen peroxide a base
- NASCAR will go back to Rockingham
- Myntra is good for women's shopping
- Buddha had children
- Why is ice hockey important in Canada
- How many social classes were there
- How did the SEC get so dominant
- When will Electroneum start?
- What is your favorite pattern for knitted sweaters
- How do I charge alkaline batteries