Can Japan become a nuclear weapon state?
[Large view of the picture]
States with nuclear power plants 436 nuclear power plants in 30 countries
Argentina (2), Armenia (1), Belgium (7), Brazil (2), Bulgaria (2), China (11), Germany (17), Finland (4), France (58), Great Britain (19), India (18), Japan (54), Canada (18), Mexico (2), Netherlands (1), Pakistan (2), Romania (2), Russia (31), Sweden (10), Switzerland (5), Slovakia (4), Slovenia (1), Spain (8), South Africa (2), South Korea (20), Taiwan (6), Czech Republic (6), Ukraine (15), Hungary (4), USA (104) .
[Source IAEA; Status: March 2010]
States with research reactors 249 research reactors in operation in 56 countries
Egypt (2), Algeria (2), Argentina (6), Australia (1), Bangladesh (1), Belgium (3), Brazil (4), Chile (2), China (17), Germany (10), Finland (1), France (11), Ghana (1), Greece (2), Great Britain (2), India (6), Indonesia (5), Iran (4), Israel (1), Italy (4), Jamaica (1), Japan (15), Canada (8), Kazakhstan (3), Colombia (1), Congo (1), Libya (1), Malaysia (1), Mexico (3), Morocco (1), Netherlands (3), Nigeria (1), North Korea (1), Norway (2), Austria (1), Pakistan (2), Peru (2), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Romania (2), Russia (47), Switzerland (3), Serbia (1), Slovenia (1), South Africa (1), South Korea (2), Syria (1), Taiwan (1), Thailand (1), Czech Republic (3) , Turkey (1), Ukraine (3), Hungary (2), USA (41), Uzbekistan (2), Vietnam (1), Belarus (2)
Three are fast breeders (China, Russia and India). Nine of them are heavy water reactors (Algeria, China, France, India (2), Canada, Norway, Serbia, USA); 12 of these research reactors are currently shut down.
In addition, 3 new research reactors are under construction in France, Jordan and Russia. Another 2 are planned, in Jordan and the Netherlands.
[Source: IAEA; Status: November 2010]
States with uranium mining / uranium processing (Mining and milling)
Argentina (San Rafael), Australia (Beverley, Olympic Dam, Ranger), Brazil (Caetité), China (Benxi, Chonqyi, Fuzhou, Hengyang, Lantian, Tengchong, Yining), India (Mosaboni, Jaduguda), Iran (Saghand, Gchine ), Canada (Key Lake, McArthur River, McLean Lake, Rabbit Lake), Kazakhstan (Centralnoye, Inkai, Katco, Karamurun, Kaskor, Stepnogorski, Stepnoye), Kyrgyzstan (Kara Balta), Mongolia (Dornod), Namibia (Langer Heinrich, Rössing), Niger (Akouta, Arlit), North Korea, Pakistan (Dera Ghazi Khan, Issa Khel), Romania (Feldioara, Suceava), Russia (Streltsovsk), Sweden (Ranstand) South Africa (Doornfontain, Gauteng, Dominion, Vaal Reefs), Czech Republic (Dolni Rozinka), Ukraine (Zheltiye Vody), USA (Ambrosia Lake, Canon City, Crawford, Faustina, Douglas, Karnes County, Kleberg County, Midnite, New Wales, Ticaboo, Southern Powder River Basin, Red Desert, Uncle Sam , Blanding) Uzbekistan (Kyzylkum).
Under construction: Brazil (Santa Quitéria), India (Turamdih), Kazakhstan (Appak, Akdala, Karatau, Ken-Dala, Kizilkum, Zarechnoye), Russia (Khiagda), South Africa (Buffelsfontein, Doornfontain), Syria (Homs).
Planned: Australia (Four Mile, Lake Maitland, Wiluna, Yeelirrie), India (KPM).
[Source: NFCIS; Status: November 2010]
- What motivates an Indian middle class
- Helps sweat fight viruses
- What is your opinion on Mao Zedong
- What is the best custom made online website
- How are Chaithanya classes
- How often should students see the dentist?
- Which acid reacts with glass
- Why is BlackBerry Messenger so popular
- How can I market my furniture design
- What is intact memory
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Bilaspur
- How is pKa related to pKb?
- How is the hotel industry structured?
- Are bindusara and bimbisara the same
- 10 hours is enough to learn to drive
- Columbus Ohio is a polluted city
- What is the origin of left anti-Semitism
- What's the latest technology in 2014
- What is a red dwarf
- Who is the most notable businessman
- Masturbation requires more energy than sex
- Politics can cause depression
- How does the Netflix free trial work
- What are the characteristics of Kraempfen
- Joss Whedon composes music
- What does preprinted invalid check mean?
- What is conventional paving bitumen
- Why should love be monogamous
- What are some examples of overconformity
- Canadians learn French in school
- Why are college dropouts successful
- What's your rating of Indian videos
- What is the name of this track