What about users who have a Gravatar
What is Gravatar and why should you start using it right away?
Quite often new WordPress users ask about the gray icon that appears next to their name. Sometimes we get emails from users asking us how to disable this gray thing. Well, this gray symbol is known as the "Mystery Man" Gravatar. In this article, we're going to discuss what a Gravatar is and why you should start using it right away.
Before we dive into a Gravatar, we should first describe an avatar. An avatar is a graphic representation of a user. It could be the person's picture or some random symbol that they want to associate with. In the days when the web was kind of anonymous, people used symbols for identification. This is still the case in the gamer community. One of the coolest things about discussion forums (forums) is that you can spot active users relatively easily based on their avatar. While names are hard to remember, it is very easy to identify a particular picture. If you were part of numerous discussion forums, you would recognize the same group of people everywhere. As the web evolved and blogging became more mainstream, it was quite difficult to identify as a commenter. Users had to register for forums and other services. Each user had their own profile so that they could easily add an "avatar" to their profile. In most cases, however, you do not need to register to comment on blogs. How do we identify users? Well, that's where Gravatar comes in.
What is a Gravatar?
Gravatar stands for globally recognized avatar. It is recognized worldwide because millions of people and websites use it. Most popular applications like WordPress have built-in support for Gravatar. When a user leaves a comment (with an email address) on a site that supports Gravatar, they pull their globally recognized avatar from the Gravatar servers. Then this picture will be displayed next to the comment. This enables every commentator to have his or her identity throughout the World Wide Web.
Why should I add Gravatar?
If you want to be identified on the internet, you should use a gravatar. If you're a blogger, non-profit, small business, or someone looking to build a brand, you need to start with gravatar. The chances are that you read and comment on blogs. Your Gravatar may not get that much attention at first. However, if the same person sees your comment on numerous websites that they read, they will likely visit your website. As publishers, we find it really easy to identify our loyal users by their Gravatar.
In our opinion, gravatar highlights your comment.
How can I get a Gravatar?
It's easy and free. Just visit Gravatar's website. Sign in with the email address you use most often to comment. Add an avatar of yourself. This could be a picture of yourself, your company logo, or something unique. You really have to do it once. Chances are you're not changing your avatar much. So it's more like it's set and forgotten.
Most WordPress themes already contain a Gravatar integration with comments. If it doesn't, then you should seriously consider it. For more branding purposes, you can change the default Mystery Man gravatar on your website and add something else. Here is a tutorial on how to change the default Gravatar in WordPress.
To see the live demo of gravatar in action, please comment below. We hope to see new faces in our comments. If you have a Gravatar, please comment below. This is how we can recognize you.
- How do I uninstall Firefox from a Mac
- What do you dislike about slang
- What is carpal tunnel syndrome
- Why do people mock the Indian accent
- How to floss a dental bridge
- How deep can pilots abort a landing?
- What is Netflix's Most Successful Business Strategy
- Are people with ASPD not normal? Why
- How useful are carrots
- Why does gravity not have a repulsive force?
- Can trypanosome be used as a bioweapon
- What is your opinion on carving fruits
- Is web scraping quotes legal
- How can SSH bypass firewall restrictions
- Death is inevitable for man
- Why is the sky big
- Revolution 9 is the worst Beatles song
- Why is my sexuality changing all the time?
- What is the best used 4x4
- What is the importance of conductor insulation
- How to start a homework help website
- Who uses Quora 3
- Are there vegetarians in Nagaland
- What does daya
- What's so great about John Grisham
- Cnidaria is poisonous
- Are there alternatives to Bitcasa
- What are some examples of trinomial
- How do you say avoid in Spanish
- Why can AI never replace good writers?
- What is the position of my website on Google
- What is so regular about regular languages
- What reminds you to relax