What are behavior changes caused by stress
Recognizing excessive stress is not easy, because the symptoms are often diffuse ("I'm not in a good mood again today.") Or suggest a purely physical problem - such as headaches or digestive problems. Over time, however, a fairly typical picture emerges
- Physical complaints: fatigue, tiredness, headache, nervousness, insomnia and digestive problems such as diarrhea or heartburn.
- Emotional complaints: Stress is most often shown by impatience and irritability. You are overly sensitive, “short-linked”, “charged” and dissatisfied. Many stressed people feel misunderstood and rejected. Another stress reaction that is common in women is mental paralysis: Feelings of hopelessness, helplessness and sadness up to and including depression.
- Behavioral changes: Stress can also be indicated by increased alcohol and nicotine consumption, social withdrawal in favor of excessive media consumption, nervous habits ranging from nail biting to tics or eating disorders.
Stressed people tend to artificially control the alternation of tension and relaxation. You slow down with alcohol, stimulate with coffee and chocolate, and nicotine provides the little highlights in between. What arises in the long term, however, is not balance, but dependency - and that means that relaxation from the inside out is increasingly difficult. This should by no means be understood as a campaign against the creativity-enhancing cup of coffee or the relaxing glass of red wine - luxury foods in moderation can certainly promote balance, but as "stress relievers" they are problematic.
positive stress and negative permanent stress
Protective factors against stress
quick help with stress
AuthorsDr. med. Herbert Renz-Polster in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). | last changed on at 16:05
- Do you feel compassion for others
- What is sleeve in pipelines
- What is the general ledger card used for?
- Can I crack NEET, see description
- All shells are created by animals
- Who was Breads Saenger
- Like Lotus Notes to Outlook format
- Can animals compose music?
- There is actually Canadian television and movies
- What are some cool life hacks
- What is a poetic designer
- Can people touch rings of Saturn
- What's your experience with crossdressers
- Why are leaves so expensive
- You can order plants online
- When should you use SHAP values
- What is the fourth wall
- What is the northernmost flower
- Africa has too many Africans
- Is the Bible exclusive to Christian religions
- Are sports a good extracurricular area?
- Did Einstein really become a Muslim?
- What is it worth to know
- Sells Amazon used books