How can I complete a language course
If you can speak the language, you will surely settle in quickly in Germany. Knowledge of German will also help you to get an apprenticeship or to find a job. Find out what options there are to learn German.
In integration courses you learn German and receive information about Germany.
Form of teaching, duration and procedure
There are full-time and part-time courses. A part-time course is useful, for example, if you work or look after children.
An integration course lasts around 700 hours.
It starts with one German course: You learn German in order to find your way in everyday life. You will also practice writing letters and filling out forms.
This is followed by a Orientation course: In it you will find out everything about your rights and obligations and living together in Germany.
Tip: Combine oneIntegration course with a measure of activation and professional integration. This enables you to prepare even better for training, work or self-employment. The counseling specialist at your employment agency or your job center will decide whether you can participate.
Find integration courses
You can find integration courses near you on WebGis, the information system of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF). You can also contact your employment agency or your job center.
A BAMF migration advice center can also provide you with information about integration courses. The job center can oblige you to take part in an integration course.
If you receive services from the job center, the integration course is free of charge for you. If this does not apply to you: You can apply to the BAMF for exemption from costs.
Further information and applications for integration courses can be obtained from the BAMF, your job center or your employment agency. Information on participation and the costs for integration courses can be found on the BAMF website.
Special integration courses
An integration course should be tailored to your knowledge of German and your personal situation. That is why there are special courses - for example integration courses for:
Certain prior linguistic knowledge
- Integration courses with literacy: These are courses in which you can learn to read and write.
- Integration courses for learners of second letters: These are courses in which you learn the Latin alphabet. You have to master the Latin characters in order to read and write German.
Special target groups
- For women
- For parents
- For young adults
Specific time budget
- Remedial courses: In this course you learn German in 900 hours.
- Intensive courses: You learn German in around 430 hours.
You can find information on special types of courses on the website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The course providers or your job center or your employment agency will support you in selecting the course.
Good to know: In our KURSNET database you will find offers for special integration courses under the selection "Integration courses (BAMF funding)". Please note: If your child is to be looked after during the integration course, look for offers with the Addition “With child care”.
German for certain industries
There are German courses that prepare you for work in a specific professional field. In these job-related German courses you learn, for example, technical terms or expressions, for example for the care industry or the craft.
There are also German courses that special are tailored to individual professions.
You can speak German, which you generally need in everyday work, in general job-related Learn German courses.
In KURSNET you will find work-related German courses near you. We would also be happy to provide you with more information in a personal meeting.
Proof of German courses
As a rule, you end the German course with an exam. You will then receive a certificate proving that you have actively improved your job-related knowledge of German. This proof can help you a lot on your professional path.
Job-related German courses
The job center can oblige you to take part in a job-related German course. If you would like to take part in a work-related German course voluntarily, your employment agency will be happy to support you if you are interested in such a course.
If you earn little, you can also apply to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) for an exemption from participation costs. Otherwise, please contact your employer - they may cover the costs. If the job center obliges you to take part in a work-related German course, the course is free of charge for you.
Further information on job-related German language support is available from the BAMF.
Tip: The job-related German courses can be combined with an activation and professional integration measure. This will prepare you even better for an apprenticeship, work or self-employment. The counseling specialist at your employment agency or your job center will decide whether you can take part.
German courses online or as an app
You can learn German anywhere with the following free online offers:
- Is milk good for you in Canada
- What is the typical job in Denmark
- Why do royal palms die easily
- What is the best performance Mobile
- How do you debug your brain
- How does Graves' disease feel
- Acids react with other acids
- What did Muhammad PBUH ask the Quraish?
- What kind of flaw occurs in the beam
- What are some essential marketing strategies
- How air evaporates from wet clothes
- Steve Blank What university did he go to
- Why does Betta fish like small tanks
- What is kiosk software
- What qualities do economists need
- Is the Sedona real estate market down
- Is there room for entrepreneurs in training?
- What is a yono account
- Are people really interested in UX design?
- What is pattern recognition in entrepreneurship
- What is the acronym for USP
- Are tsunamis common in Hawaii?
- Are there television screens at United Airlines
- Which stores sell beer in South Carolina
- How would you best describe being moody?
- Why is centrifugal force called pseudo force
- What is 260 and 280 ratio
- Who gave the concept of mental health
- What do cats think of fire?
- Why is violin music sad
- How to replace a shower tap
- What is an objective fact
- It is important to ask a question rather than an answer
- Do you believe in cursed objects?