What is a PCTG material
AN ALTERNATIVE TO PET-G
The PCTG belongs to the same polyester family as the increasingly popular PET-G. Compared to its better known counterpart, PCTG offers higher impact strength, temperature resistance and clarity of what it is about an excellent alternative to PET-G makes. This filament does not require a heated chamber, which means it can be used in home printers. At the same time, it offers high dimensional stability and the low shrinkage prevents model breaks. That makes it a print-friendly material, even for people with little experience in 3D printing.
The PCTG has a much higher impact resistance compared to similar materials (like PET-G). In the Izod test (notched sample) it achieves results of approx. 90 kJ / m2 (PET-G: 5-8 kJ / m2). The PCTG can also withstand higher temperatures (up to 76 ° C).
The Fiberlogy PCTG is recyclable and approved for contact with food *. The material is BPA-free.
* applies to the Pure TR variant
APPLICATION OF 3D PRINTING:
- INDUSTRY: Spare parts, small series, utility models
- AUTOMOTIVE: Engine compartment components, housings of vehicle components, air inlets, filling devices for liquids
- SPORTS: Accessories, protectors, airsoft components
|1.75mm (transparent)||0.75 kg|
|1.75mm (not transparent)||0.75 kg|
- high impact strength (up to 20 times higher than PET-G)
- high chemical resistance
- high optical clarity
- easy printing - dimensional stability and low shrinkage
- suitable for contact with food - BPA-free
How to print it
The following parameters are only recommended print settings for this material. To ensure the best print quality, the appropriate settings must be selected for a particular printer and printing conditions.
|Printing temperature||250-270 ° C|
|Heating bed temperature||90-110 ° C|
|Closed chamber||not mandatory|
|Print speed||<100 mm / s|
|surface||Masking tape, PVA glue, hairspray|
|Retraction (direct)||1-2 mm|
|Retraction (bowden)||4-6 mm|
|Retraction speed||10-30 mm / s|
|Drying conditions||60 ° C / 4h|
|Danger||Due to the strong adhesion, it is not recommended to print directly on the surface of the table or glass as it can cause damage. We recommend using tape.|
|diameter||Diameter tolerance||Oval tolerance||Printing temperature||Heating bed temperature|
|1.75mm (transparent)||+/- 0.02 mm||+ 0.01 mm||250-270 ° C||90-110 ° C|
|1.75mm (not transparent)||+/- 0.02 mm||+ 0.01 mm||250-270 ° C||90-110 ° C|
- Are children considered property in court
- What is the best example of ammensalism
- XMPP is deprecated for real-time web apps
- Why is grateful written differently than great
- What meditation technique did Swami Vivekananda use
- Can I spend forex trading money
- Is there a field of philosophy of language
- How many plane accidents are there every day
- Do you feel your satisfaction
- How was the top quark discovered
- Why can AI never replace good writers?
- How do clouds store water?
- How can I crack CGL
- What documents have you enclosed?
- Why has data mining become so popular
- How is science used as a doctor
- Regrowth hair differently after chemotherapy
- Is an MCA available in DU
- How does a riboswitch work
- What was Bas Rutten's fighting style
- When are vegans most active
- Should we erase Waldbraende
- Why would you suggest a hobby
- Have the first data a WordPress plugin