How can you tare a directory?
macOS: How to change individual folder colors on the Mac
There are even more options under macOS Mojave. You can, for example, adapt the color of the folder to your wishes with just a few clicks and thus make it much more individual. This increases the recognition value for special file groups and sometimes makes it easier to find them. For example, you can create color codes to see the current processing status. Files that have been processed can be stored in a green folder, for example, while unfinished files are hidden behind a red icon.
Finder: How to change the folder color on macOS
We would like to use a new folder to explain how you can give it a different color or even a different image as an icon. So first create a folder on the desktop by right-clicking and selecting "New Folder" from the context menu.
Now click on it with the right mouse button and select "Information". You will now see a comprehensive information window. Here you select the folder icon above the "Tags" input field and copy it by pressing the command key (cmd) + (c) on your keyboard.
Now open the Finder and go to the Applications folder. Start the “Preview” application here. In the menu bar click on "File> New from clipboard" to paste the old icon. You will now see several icons.
Select one and then click on "Tools> Color Correction" in the menu bar to adjust the color of the new icon. For example, you can use the individual sliders to turn the blue symbol into a green or gray one.
Once you have made your adjustments, the new version must be fully selected. To do this, press the command key (cmd) + (a) so that the software frames the icon with a dashed line. After that, copy it by pressing Command (cmd) + (c) on the keyboard. Now switch back to the folder's info window. Now select the icon next to the name again and replace it with the new version. You can now paste the changed image using the command key (cmd) + (v). Your folder is now colorful and easier to distinguish.
Pro tip: You can also define other or your own images as folder icons. To do this, copy a photo and insert it as described above.
- Step 1: Create a new folder.
- step 2: Right click on the folder and then select “Information”.
- step 3: Now click on the folder icon next to the name and then press the command key (cmd) + (c).
- Step 4: Open the preview app and paste the folder via "File> New from clipboard".
- Step 5: Click on "Tools> Color Correction" in the menu bar.
- Step 6: You can use the various sliders to adjust the color of the folder.
- Step 7: Once you have adjusted the color, press Command (cmd) + (A) so that the folder has a dashed outline.
- Step 8: Now press the command keys (cmd) + (c) to copy the folder.
- Step 9: Return to the info window from step 2.
- Step 10: Now select the icon again and press the command keys (cmd) + (v) to change the color.
Popular content from Mac Life +
Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Do you know encouraging songs
- Can fame and peace really go together?
- Can a CA course provide financial security?
- Who can go to heaven
- What is your rating of Motif Investing
- What did the Yuan Dynasty do
- What are the best results for video games
- How did Imgur hit the frog
- How do I find a witch school
- How much financial support do you need
- What can I not learn from Wikipedia
- Is Golang the future
- Why do you need public relations
- Do you like Foodspotting Why
- What are the dangers of cyanide
- What is a lexical gap
- Jeep is currently manufactured by GM
- When should you invest in real estate?
- Who was the first investigative reporter
- Which martial art is the most versatile
- What part of Kashmir is peaceful
- How do the Russians see the Soviet Union
- Is Chhaya good for CBSE math 12
- What happened to all of the Groupon clones