Hillary Clinton has immunity from prosecution
In September, Michael Flynn mocked in a television interview: "If you (people close to Clinton) are guaranteed immunity, it means that they have probably committed a crime." But it was also about Hillary Clinton's alleged email affair. Now suddenly it's Flynn himself who would like to be guaranteed immunity. Whatever that means for his delinquency.
The highly decorated ex-general was until recently the national security advisor to US President Donald Trump. His undoing was that he had contacts with Russian government representatives during the highly sensitive transition phase between the election of the president and his assumption of office.
Flynn was exposed through recordings from the FBI
That in itself is not the problem. But Flynn did not seem to be telling the truth about the content of the conversations. He hadn't made small talk with the Russian ambassador, but spoke to him about the US sanctions imposed on Russia. His false information was exposed through recordings made by the FBI, which routinely wiretaps the ambassador. Trump had to fire Flynn.
Now Flynn wants to unpack, his lawyer Robert Kelner makes this clear in a statement distributed on Twitter. Flynn has "a story to tell," he writes. And he'll be "very happy" to tell you.
But "out of respect for the committee", Flynn was unfortunately unable to make a statement. Because: "No sensible person" would face a public questioning under these "highly politicized", "witch-hunt" -like circumstances. At least not "without the assurance that you will not be exposed to unfair prosecution".
In other words, Flynn wants immunity. Otherwise he won't testify. As a reminder, Flynn himself only said six months ago: Anyone who wants immunity has probably been guilty of a crime.
- What happens in Henle's loop
- Blog commenting is really dead for SEO
- How would reward and punishment motivate you?
- What is the strongest brain condition
- What is the correct rice bowl label
- What is a Fermi wavelength
- Is there a use of banana peel
- What are considered the best investment banks
- Why does my jaw hurt after running
- Is it worth learning Angular 2016
- How did you start managing your finances
- Why does diarrhea cause drowsiness
- Why was Mike Tyson the strongest man
- How do I find a spherical circumference
- Whataburger is just a Texan thing
- What hepatitis is curable
- How can I work with some filmmakers
- How do I solve my marital problems
- What is oop methods
- What is Oasis Contriver Pvt Ltd.
- What business in india will lakhs give
- Why did Nike sponsor Colin Kaepernick
- How do programmable automation controllers collect data
- Can buy Sweden Meighan Island from Canada
- What treatments are there for chronic ear infections?
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Bilaspur
- Are self-driving cars legal in India
- What is the pyramid formation in football
- Are stocks with a higher beta better
- What if krillin were immortal?
- What is South Korea's top flight
- How can I start the snapback hats business?
- How is mechanical engineering at Ahsanullah University