Which app can the IoT display
Windows 10 IoT Core Standard app (overview)
- 6 minutes to read
If you initially blink Windows 10 IoT Core, it will show the Windows 10 IoT Core standard app at startup, which looks like this:
The purpose of this application is not only to provide a friendly shell to interact with when you first start Windows 10 IoT Core, but we've opened the code for this application here so that you can use these features in your own custom application (en ) can integrate.
This article provides an overview of the various features offered by the standard Windows 10 IoT Core app and how you can leverage these various features for your own applications.
Use the IOT Core standard app
Maker images may not be used for commercial purposes. If you want to market a device, you must use a custom FFU file for security reasons. More information can be found here.
The IoT Core standard app can be customized and expanded, or you can use the source code as an example for your own app. To try this out, download the zip file of our samples or view the code for the IoT Core Standard app. If you have any questions, report a problem in our sample repository.
As shown in the "Settings" section below, in some cases you can configure the default settings and features on your customer system on behalf of the end user. However, if you enable these settings and features by default, or if the diagnostics are above the default, you must do the following:
- Notify the end user that these features have been enabled and provide the end user with the link to the Microsoft website privacy notice.
- A secure consent from the relevant end user to enable these features by default (as required by applicable law).
- Provide end users with the option to reset the diagnostic setting to the default setting.
- If you activate Microsoft accounts and have access to end-user data, if the end-user deletes the Microsoft account, you must activate the deletion of all of the end-user's Microsoft account information on the device at the same time.
Out-of-box representation (OOBE)
The default application for the IoT Core Standard APP is as slim as you are. A standard language and WiFi settings are requested on the first few pages. In order for your APP to be GDPR compliant, you need a diagnostic data screen. If you want to keep track of the location, you'll also need a location permissions screen. Examples of both are shown below.
The command bar is the permanent horizontal bar located at the bottom of the screen. This allows easy access to the following features:
- Forward and backward page navigation
- Basic device information without leaving the current page
- Enable or disable full screen mode
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Page specific buttons
There are many buttons on the command bar, and at times these buttons can be confusing or hidden. To expand the command bar and access these buttons, click the "Menu" button in the lower right:
Start menu playback
Most of the Plug & amp; Play functions.
When using data from the National Weather Service, the Weather page renders weather information in your current location.
You can use the web browser to access most websites from the web.
This page will save MP3 and WAV files from the Music library that you can access through the Windows Device Portal. To upload files to Music Player, navigate to the Windows Device Portal, click the Apps drop-down list, navigate to File Explorer, select Music, and upload your files from there.
This page displays any PNG or JPEG image files from the image Library which you can access through the Windows Device Portal. To upload pictures to the slide show, navigate to the Windows Device Portal, click the Apps drop-down list, navigate to File Explorer, select Pictures, and upload your files from there.
On this page you can test the hands-free capabilities of Windows 10 IoT Core.
Start menu browse
On this page you can start other foreground applications installed on the device. Starting an application pauses the standard IoT Core app, which can be restarted using App Manager in the Windows Device Portal.
Nothing special is required to be able to list your foreground application on the page. Just install or deploy the application. After the successful installation or deployment, navigate to the apps page again to refresh the list of applications.
Note that there are a number of automatically generated operating system applications that we are filtering out. here you can find the list of APP names.
This page lists the last 20 notifications since the IoT Core Standard app was launched. When the IoT Core standard app is running in debug mode, buttons are added to create test notifications.
All automatically generated crash or error logs are listed on this page, which can then be taken from the device and analyzed.
This page will take you to the open source GitHub location of the standard IoT Core app code.
Start menu Windows device portal
On the pages in this section, the Rest APIs of the Windows Device Portal are used, to which you have to log in with the login information of your Windows Device Portal.
On this page, you can see the various features for your device, including ethernet, operating system version, connected devices, and more.
This page allows you to run commands directly on your device.
To enable this feature, you need to set a registry key so that the app can run the commands. The first time you try to run a command, a link is displayed that allows you to set the registry key by calling Windows Device Portal. Click the link to allow the device to execute commands.
Administrator access is required for some commands. For security reasons, the app uses a non-administrator account to execute commands by default. If you need to run a command as an administrator, you can type RunAsAdmin at the command prompt.
You can configure a number of settings here, e.g. b. Wi-Fi, bluetooth, power options and much more.
In the section App settings you can configure various settings for pages in the app.
Some of the settings you can adjust are:
- Set the default page that appears when the app starts
- Activate / deactivate the screen saver
- Change location
This feature is only enabled if you have provided a valid service token for the service to be able to log on. To pass the token to the app, create a MapToken.config File in the localstate folder of the app (e.g. c: \ data \ users \ [user account] \ appdata \ local \ packages \ [Package Full Name] \ LocalState \ MapToken.config) and restart the app.
(Example: c: \ data \ users \ defaultaccount \ appdata \ local \ packages \ 16454Windows10IOTCore.IOTCoreDefaultApplication_rz84sjny4rf58 \ localstate)
- Expand the map.
- Activate / deactivate the mapping flipping button so that the map and the weather change are carried out at regular intervals
Web browser settings
- Set the start page for the web browser
- Define the time interval
- Use MDL2 Assets instead of emojis for the Icons tile.
- Set the width and height of the tile
- Set UI scaling: automatic scaling is set by default
- Set tile color
Change the language, keyboard layout, and time zone.
Network & Wi-Fi
View the properties of the network adapter or connect to an available Wi-Fi network.
Pair with a bluetooth device.
Check for app updates or change automatic update settings.
Start or stop the device.
Select the amount of diagnostic data you want to provide to Microsoft. We recommend users complete Subscribe to diagnostic data so we can quickly diagnose problems and make improvements to the product.
Only send information about your device, its settings and functions, and whether it is working properly.
Send all of the basic diagnostic data along with information about websites you browse and how apps and features are used, plus additional information about device health, device activity, and advanced error reporting.
This allows or denies app access to your location.
- Italy is a diverse country
- Why did Jellal leave Edolas
- How much does a piece of plywood cost
- Do grades really reflect your future
- What is the chemical formula of acetate?
- Do you greet magpies
- When did Spain come to Mexico?
- Can I deduct my auto gas purchases
- Who are Sakaldwipi Brahmins
- Which is the best Laravel or Drupal
- Blackberry Priv 2019 will be updated
- Are all metals ductile
- What is a turbo expander
- What are SAT Subject Tests
- Why do cable operators mix channel numbers
- Which countries have the fewest car accidents?
- Can the Canon EOS 1500D be used professionally
- What is instrumentation
- What is the secret of 11 11
- Should I buy a Nokia 3?
- What's your rating of Superhot VR
- Which is the best headphone to buy
- Do you like to live in the mountains?
- The screen resolution depends on the screen size
- What do you think of Bitcoin ATMs
- What medicine kills tapeworms in humans
- How harmful are greenhouse gases to us
- What is marine pollution
- How does the McDonalds franchise work
- Why is your boyfriend your ex now
- What animals feed on hay
- Who is DJ Khaled
- How and why did Taxila University flourish
- Is multiphase sleep bad