Where to buy pet snails
Agate snail keeping: what is the best way to keep agate snails?
The animals are kept in terrariums. The ideal size of the terrarium and the temperature vary depending on the type of snail and its origin. The Achatina achatina requires a lot of space due to its size. It has to be correspondingly larger if more residents are to move in. The size of the terrarium should therefore be at least 80 x 50 x 50 cm with a number of five snails. The temperature should be around 29 ° C during the day. The temperature should not fall below 24 ° C at night. The Achatina fulica can already live in a group of up to eight animals in a terrarium measuring 80 x 50 x 50 cm. The temperature here is around 25 ° C during the day. At night it should be 22 ° C.
In order to keep the day and night temperatures constant, you can integrate heating mats and heat lamps. The temperatures should always be checked to avoid possible fluctuations. These can quickly become dangerous for the snails. You should also ensure that there is adequate humidity in the terrarium. To do this, you can moisten the terrarium using a spray bottle. The best thing to do is to have a hygrometer that measures the humidity. Here, too, the values differ between species and their origin. So need full grown Achatina achatina for example between 85% and 90% humidity while Achatina fulica feel comfortable at around 80%.
You can cover the ground with earth or fine humus. It is also advisable to equip the terrarium with branches and plants. You can use cork boxes, different woods and mosses for this. The snails will nibble off the plants, so you should replace them regularly so the plants can last longer. It is ideal if a water bowl is integrated into the terrarium, from which the animals drink and bathe.
Socialize agate snails
Agate snails should always be kept with several conspecifics. The Achatinidae should not be kept in a terrarium with other animals, such as frogs, except with conspecifics. The piebald eat everything and the chances of a long life are rather bad for the frog.
Agate snails age
In terrariums, agate snails live around 10 years. They are robust and can be kept easily with good feeding and appropriate care.
- What are the advantages of the annual financial statements
- Official bilingualism in Canada dies
- Got the Irish Army guided missiles
- In general, which stepper motor is better
- What is a 1100 aluminum sheet
- How is GLA for BCA
- Who are surfers
- What is the strongest brain condition
- What is Sarah Gilbert famous for?
- Facebook Marketplace is easy to use
- Can ISRO compete with NASA
- How is milk ultra pasteurized?
- Who is the unsung Indian cricket bowler
- What does Microsoft Dynamics CRM stand for
- What does daily spring mean in the Bible?
- What is the validity of IGNOU registration
- What is the purpose of a transfer
- When can I wear my kilt
- What makes Harvard so unique
- What is the biggest mistake among people
- Can I contact my dead mother
- What is the responsibility of a sales manager
- What Bollywood movie do you hate
- Can someone legally photograph intimate food