Ultimately, what should graphic designers know?
Information in the area of graphic design.
Paths to graphic design: apprenticeship or studies.
So how do you become a graphic designer? There are different ways, you can do an apprenticeship as well as study graphic design or related subjects.
There is usually no numerus clausus for studying graphic design. Instead, you apply with a portfolio that shows your skills and creativity. Often there is also an entrance exam. How this works depends on the university. It can be a personal conversation or an artistic assignment.
Especially when it comes to studying graphic design: Many universities do not require a high school diploma. You can also distinguish yourself through special talent or professional qualifications for your studies. That then depends on the respective federal state. However, the same applies everywhere: There are a lot of applicants for a study place, both in the Bachelor's and Master's degree. Admission to a degree in graphic design is therefore never child's play!
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in graphic design lasts six to eight semesters and often includes a practical semester or a semester abroad. Depending on how many credit points you have already completed in the Bachelor, the Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Fine Arts (MFA) then comprises two to four semesters. What contents can you expect in the Bachelor or Master? The following table gives you an overview:
|CONTENT BACHELOR||CONTENT MASTER|
|Design principles (drawing, shape, color, composition)||Communication and media studies|
|Visual communication design techniques||aesthetics|
|Illustration and collage||Design theories|
|Print and screen design||Information design|
|typography||Image / text conception|
|Web and app design||Film / video|
|Media technology||Art Direction|
|History of art and design||Hypermedia|
|Graphics in space and surroundings||Product & communication|
|Movie||Digital illustration & animation|
(Source: https://www.medien-studieren.net/studiengaenge/grafikdesign/) However, you can also expect economic content in your studies, such as project management, digital economics, media law and design management. After all, a graphic designer not only has to let off steam creatively, but also has to keep an eye on the numbers and be able to give the customer a cost estimate before the first brushstroke. The universities rightly place such great value on interdisciplinary studies in graphic design.
The graphic design training is a state-recognized course. You can do school education at state or private vocational schools and at vocational colleges. It lasts two to three years; an internship is usually planned during this time. This training is not remunerated, some schools incur costs. An intermediate level of education is required. Here, too, you also submit a folder that proves your skills and creativity. In addition to this work sample, there is again an aptitude test. During or after your training as a graphic designer, you can specialize in a subject that interests you particularly or that you are particularly good at.
- Where everything is possible
- What's your favorite iPhone app
- Joss Whedon composes music
- How has your understanding of boys changed
- Which animals have centrolecithal eggs?
- Amphetamines affect the function of the immune system
- Why is personal hygiene neglected in depression
- Why weren't more DSDS candidates successful?
- Disadvantages of joining Ethiopia wto
- How do I grow hair on the hairline
- What kills you inside every day
- What is subsonic flow
- Are suicideboys so dangerous
- What qualities do economists need
- How often is semen produced
- What is combat leadership
- What are the best dog training treats
- Will the impeachment crush Joe Bidens' hopes for 2020?
- Why am I more beautiful when I'm high
- One can learn while dreaming
- How to track a fake number
- How do I use BBM on Android
- Masks help with acne
- Which is the strongest neuroscience or computer science