How does physiotherapy work
What is physiotherapy?
The various areas of application of physiotherapy help to improve, restore or maintain our ability to move and function. In this way, discomfort can be alleviated. Physiotherapy is mainly understood as so-called movement therapy (formerly known as "physiotherapy"), which can only be carried out by trained physiotherapists. It serves as a sensible alternative or supplement to an operative or medicinal treatment.
Physiotherapy describes both active and passive forms of therapy. In active therapy, the patient's independently executed movements are used to prevent or heal ailments. In passive therapy, this is done by treating the therapist.
When is physiotherapy used?
Physiotherapy is mainly used for prophylaxis, therapy and rehabilitation. To prevent illnesses or injuries, for example, work-related bad posture can be prevented. Here, our own body awareness should be trained to such an extent that, for example, a bad posture when sitting is recognized and so each of us can do something for our health.
Physiotherapy is also used in inpatient and outpatient treatment. This can support the healing process of orthopedic diseases and improve our quality of life.
Physiotherapeutic treatments are also used for rehabilitation after long illnesses or accidents. After a stroke, for example, the patient's mobility and motor skills can be improved in this way, making it easier to start everyday life.
The core goals of physiotherapy include:
- Support of metabolism and blood circulation
- Relief from pain, or at least pain relief
- Increase in endurance and strength
- Training of coordination and mobility
These fundamental impact goals do not exist separately from one another, but are often mutually dependent.
Physiotherapy is not only used in the case of illness, but also in the wellness area. This can increase mental and physical well-being. A pleasant break from everyday life!
- Which fungicides are suitable for indoor use
- Is the cellular network available in space?
- Why can't I find LazyPay?
- Is the United Kingdom part of Europe
- Dramatic reading is a talent
- How do I send a promotional SMS
- How would you compare steam and gas
- Who is Tony Igy
- XMPP is deprecated for real-time web apps
- What is Parkinson's Disease Pharmacotherapy
- What is half of dfrac 11 33
- Which city has the best fire brigade
- Who sings the song Juice
- How do rain promote plant growth?
- Why are hoodies created
- How do I survive the street fight
- Is it normal for CRPS to spread?
- Why do we do marketing
- How do I deal with problems at the RMO level
- What interesting technologies are currently under development?
- How is it that people have different skin types
- What are the best emerging companies in Hyderabad
- Is there a Mexican emigration in Canada
- SharePoint lists can be linked