What is anomer
Anomers are special stereoisomers of carbohydrates (monosaccharides in the cyclic hemiacetal form), which differ in the configuration at the former carbonyl carbon atom.
If a ring closure to the cyclic hemiacetal is formed, a new center of chirality is created, since the carbon atom of the aldehyde group becomes tetravalent (tetrahedral) and bears four different substituents. If the compound is represented in the Haworth formula, the new OH group can lie above the plane of the ring and point in the same direction as the CH2OH group at C-5. In this case one speaks of the β-form. If, on the other hand, the OH group points downwards, the molecule is in the α form. This forms from the open-chain D.-Glucose the β-D.-Glucopyranose and α-D.-Glucopyranose. In aqueous solutions, both are in equilibrium with one another via the open-chain form (<1%) (ratio α: β = 36:64).
|Stereoisomeric carbohydrates that are in cyclic hemiacetal form and differ in configuration at the former carbonyl C atom (CO) are called anomers (α or β anomer).|
If the α-anomer ([α]D. = + 112 °) dissolved in water, the rotation value slowly decreases and after a certain time reaches a constant value ([α]D. = + 53 °). The rotation value increases up to this certain amount, provided that pure β-anomers are assumed ([α]D. = + 19 °). This process is known as mutarotation. This rotation occurs because equilibrium is established between the anomers. In addition, the anomers are the D.-Glucopyranose diastereomers and possess different physical properties.
- "Chemistry for Medicine" - A. Zeeck et. al., Urban & Fischer-Verag, 7th edition
- Why is Facebook Messenger a separate app
- How to polish brushed aluminum
- Why is there no Unicode Italic H.
- What does a Business Support Advisor do
- Does anyone believe that success is excellent?
- How do you become more pragmatic?
- How are the English seen in Scotland?
- Who is the most famous Bollywood actor
- How is the frequency the reciprocal of the time period
- What is tautomerism
- Which vehicle has the quietest cabin?
- How many bags are allowed on Delta
- Where do the parties stand on Brexit
- How do you think about the similarity
- Why shouldn't I use VIM
- How can I translate an audio file
- Why does rocknroll persist
- What is the exact value of 4 4 7 + 3
- What is a fixed pulley used for?
- How do we write a message
- Who are the militias
- What does ISIS think of Pakistan?
- Can plovers fly?
- How can I log out of an email account?
- What do teenagers want
- Can I marry this relative
- How donkeys were originally bred
- Who or what is interrupting your workflow
- Does an animal give off radiation
- It is worth buying the Samsung Galaxy M30 2019
- What did Muhammad PBUH ask the Quraish?
- What does Islam say about blasphemy laws
- Why do I get dizzy accidentally?
- How does a touchscreen work 1