What is the fattest animal on earth
You can find them here heaviest animals in the world - in a clear table listed! If we had just made a "Top 10" would be neither polar bear nor leatherback turtle even appeared in it. There would be only whales on all 10 places landed. For real!
Why? The blue whale isn't the only heavy whale. Right whales such as the northern right whale, the southern right whale and the bowhead whale (to name a few) are also significantly heavier than any other animal in the world. They weigh between 50 and 100 tons. That's why we have Records from the most diverse animal orders and species picked out.
For a better display on smartphones, please hold the device horizontally or view it on a tablet / desktop monitor.
|Heaviest animal||blue whale||190 t|
|Heaviest shark||Whale shark||12-20 t|
|Heaviest land mammal||elephant||5-6 t|
|Heaviest cloven-ungulate||hippopotamus||4.5 t|
|Heaviest seal||Elephant seal||4 t|
|Heaviest odd-toed ungulate||rhino||3-4 t|
|Heaviest bonefish||Sunfish||2.3 t|
|Heaviest reptile||Saltwater crocodile||2 t|
|Heaviest reptile||Leatherback turtle||916 kg|
|Heaviest bear||Icebear||900 kg|
|Heaviest bird (flightless)||ostrich||156 kg|
|Heaviest snake||Big anaconda||97.5 kg|
|Heaviest rodent||Capybara||91 kg|
|Heaviest penguin||Emperor penguin||45 kg|
|Heaviest crustacean||Amerik./Nordatl. lobster||20 kg|
|Heaviest bird (capable of flying)||Giant bustard||22 kg|
|Heaviest bird of prey||Andean condor||15 kg|
|Heaviest pelican||Dalmatian Pelican||15 kg|
|Heaviest starfish||Thromidia catalai||6 kg|
|Heaviest frog||Goliath frog||3 kg|
|Heaviest beetle||Goliath beetle||110 g|
Polar Bear - Photo: Ondrej Prosicky / Shutterstock
Harder than expected
In movies, even large animals often look cute and nowhere near as big and heavy as they really are. The polar bear and the leatherback turtle alone weigh as much as a small car. If you've tried lifting a car before, you may understand what that means.
190 tons? How much is this?
A blue whale can weigh up to 190 tons. For comparison: a blue whale weighs as much as 10 city buses, 95 helicopters or 2,700 people! Still hard to imagine, right?
How do you weigh a whale?
Personal scales (the ones in the bathroom) can usually only measure a weight of up to 140 kg. So how do you weigh a giraffe or an elephant? To find out exactly, you lead the animals on a vehicle scale or truck scale. Such scales can indicate a weight of up to 60 tons. So far so good.
And what about a blue whale? It's much heavier than 60 tons. Also, how should you lift it out of the water and place it on a scale? The exact weight of living whales can usually only be estimated. However, stranded (dead) animals can be weighed. A crane scale is used for them.
The largest dinosaur
Dinosaurs were the largest and heaviest animals to ever live on land. But even they can't hold a candle to the blue whale.
The Argentinosaurus is considered to be the heaviest dinosaur at up to 100 tons. Scientists have been arguing about the exact weight for ages. Ultimately, based on the bones found, they can only guess it, but never know for sure.
Elephant Seal - Photo: Phill Danze / Shutterstock
- Can you hang yourself up with clothes on?
- Why was the Maine Constitution written
- What are multi-excavator Indian stocks for 2018
- In which state is New Orleans located
- What are some applications of computer semantics
- What makes Warren Buffett so respected
- Where can I sell Bitcoin in Kiev
- Can you have an ice cream cone
- What is the best CDN for WordPress
- Are words essentially meaningless
- Individual schools prohibit individual books
- Why is contribution important
- Why was Dollhouse canceled
- What's the Worst Book by Rick Riordan
- Does regular walking hurt your knees over time?
- Why did the Democratic Party leave the trade unions
- What is the forward voltage of BC547 transistor
- What is the best trading grade for cryptocurrencies
- How do banks classify credit card holders
- Eat vegan crab meat
- Is there a strategy for trading Forex
- Is recycling a form of transmutation
- How cranes lift heavy loads
- What is the best used 4x4
- How can I start the snapback hats business?
- How does mining bitcoins create economic value
- What are some interesting football-soccer anecdotes
- In 98 of Europe banned the fluoridation of water
- What is your opinion on carving fruits
- How can I have better self worth
- What's the fancy word for asshole
- How would reward and punishment motivate you?