How do I check someone else's PAN number
If the card is not accepted:
How to decrypt the bank details on the merchant receipt
Under certain circumstances it may be necessary to decrypt the bank code and account number of the cardholder concerned using the so-called PAN or card number on the receipt. We explain how.
You can easily decrypt a PAN number to identify the bank details yourself, using the merchant receipt and a list on the Bundesbank's website.
The card number of the girocard / ec card is on the merchant receipt, the so-called PAN. This is structured as follows:
The PAN no. consists of 19 digits:
- 3 digits as country prefix
- 5 digits as short bank code / institute number
- 10 digits for the cardholder's account number
- 1 digit as a check digit
The digits of the exemplary PAN number 672 12345 1010101010 2 thus stand for:
|Prefix German card||Short bank code||Bank account number||Check digit|
After the PAN has been broken down in this way, only the bank code assigned to the short bank code with the name of the institution is required. You can find this on the Bundesbank's website.
The Bundesbank provides an online list of the bank codes, the five-digit short bank codes or institute numbers and the associated PAN number for download.
Search for the short bank code (institute no. PAN)
With knowledge of the structure of the PAN and this list, you can find the bank code and account number on girocard or ec receipts from the PAN number listed there.
- What are good Korean cosmetics
- Can I do internships without going anywhere
- What is a high frequency alternating current
- What is the definition of par level
- What is the full form of VCC
- When will KuCoin start another Spotlight project?
- How is a family court
- Why are industries using Hadoop
- What does vaping do to your body
- Which degree should I get
- Why is contribution important
- Should we be afraid of the future
- Why honest people are never promoted anytime soon
- How can illegal immigrants get a car
- What does define viscosity mean
- Should art be required in high school
- Why do wrong men always approach women
- What happened to the ActiveX control technology
- When did the horse population reach its peak?
- Why do we call things homemade
- Why is Nevada unprepared for population growth
- When should you invest in real estate?
- How many students sit for AIATS
- How did you start managing your finances
- What are dreams? What causes them
- What are the adoption requirements in Texas
- What is the baroque period
- Florida embroidery designer
- Might beat Eight Gate Guy DMS Kakashi
- What is thread pool in Java
- Will Diablo 4 be an MMORPG
- What are sockets in electronics
- How efficient are Indian railroad engines