How to Study Australian Law
Study Australia: Degrees, Requirements & Costs
The project "Studying in Australia" is a great opportunity for many students to internationalize their university degree and gain new experience at a university or TAFE down under. The conditions for studying at Australian universities are excellent, even if the tuition fees for international students in this country are unfortunately not exactly low. In addition, the study abroad should be well planned, which is why careful research on this important and sometimes quite complex topic is highly recommended.
Important things about studying
Anyone who decides to study on the 5th continent increases their chances on the national and international job market. As globalization is advancing faster and faster nowadays, it is an absolute must to have a good command of the English language, to be open to other cultures and to demonstrate individual flexibility. It is precisely these areas of focus that can be combined when completing a semester abroad or even a complete international degree. However, it should be noted that Australia is outside the EU and therefore the popular Erasmus program cannot be used for this. This simply means that you have to finance the tuition fees and living expenses out of your own pocket or apply for a scholarship. A large part of the money from international students flows directly into Australian universities and thus ensures their high standard. When studying in Australia, you will rarely find that certain faculties are outdated or that the lecture halls are overcrowded. In addition, the ratio of professors / tutors to students at Australian universities is much better than at German universities.
Degree from Uni & TAFE
(Technical and Further Education), those who opt for a classic university course enroll at one of the 39 Australian universities. After only two years it is possible with the Associate Degree obtain an academic degree. Furthermore, when studying in Australia, it is much easier to continue your interdisciplinary education, as it is not only the subject or the combination of subjects that is decisive here, but the level of the degree you have completed. Therefore, even those who have completed their training can visit universities and continue their education at will.
The next higher degree is Bachelor (Undergraduate degree/ 3-4 years). This gives you the opportunity to use the master (Postgraduate Degree/ 1-2 years) or with other postgraduate degrees, such as the Gradute Certificate (6-month advanced course for Bachelor graduates), the Graduate Diploma (12-month specialization course for Bachelor graduates) or the Bachelor of Honors (12-month postgraduate course for Bachelor graduates). To briefly demonstrate the flexibility of the university system, the following example:
The typical teaching qualification is the 4-year Bachelor of Education (implies subject-specific studies, methodology, didactics seminars, practical experience, etc.). However, it is also possible to complete an ordinary bachelor's degree in any subject and then enroll in a postgraduate course (PGDE: Postgraduate Diploma of Education). Which way you choose to become a teacher doesn't matter. When studying, you almost always have the opportunity to go several ways so as not to get stuck somewhere or at some point to realize that what you started is actually not what you want. For a master’s degree, depending on the subject, you have to add 1.5 - 2 years to the bachelor’s degree and for one Ph.D about another three years. Here you can find out more about the degrees and the Australian education system.
Conditions & costs
After so many advantages of studying in Australia, it is time to address the disadvantages as well. In order to even start studying, three things are required:
- a suitable visa
- adequate finances
- an OSHC health insurance
Some universities, depending on the course, require proof of the required English skills, which can be determined, for example, by means of an IELTS test.
A complete overview of the relevant visa and all requirements can be found here: Overview of the educational visa.
Tuition fees (vary according to course and degree):
You can judge for yourself whether the cheaper or more expensive variant applies in your own case, as the price increases with the complexity of the degree (e.g. humanities, business administration, law cheaper; engineering or medicine more expensive).
- Undergraduate: $ 10,000 A - $ 16,500 per year
- Postgraduates + Ph.D: 9,000 $ A - 18,500 $ A per year (depending on the university, medical studies can easily cost more than 25,000 $ A per year.)
Tips & hints
- Here you can get a complete overview of the topic "Studying in Australia".
- With the visa for schoolchildren, students and trainees, you can work 20 hours a week during the semester and as much as you like during the semester break.
- There are funding opportunities through the Auslands-Bafög, the DAAD & ÖAD (also: crediting and recognition of study achievements made abroad as well as international courses).
- The Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) provides advice on international educational qualifications and issues free certificates of equivalence for the internationalization of the qualification in the required language, which are then officially recognized by the international equivalence centers ENIC / NARIC.
- Here you can find all courses with the corresponding universities.
- Here you can find out everything about life Down Under (cost of living, accommodation, car, etc.).
- On the website university-directory.eu you can find many useful links, addresses and information on study opportunities at Australian universities.
Other relevant posts
First impressions in the video
- What are some lenskart hacks
- Is Zyklon real
- What is the way to nirvana
- Why did Disney buy Doug
- What are compound lipids
- How does asthma develop in young children
- What is intact memory
- What is your favorite restaurant in Delhi
- What increases your confidence from humanity
- How do I make stencils
- Would you like to see Precure someday?
- Wikipedia is for everyone
- Has the mail been delivered to my location?
- There are many job vacancies in Ohio
- AliExpress can deliver cash on delivery in Pakistan
- Why aren't viruses bioluminescent?
- What is the 5086 aluminum strip
- Should I use Sass for React
- Why do so many people hate Chevrolet
- Can Google permanently block an IP address
- Should hypocritical politicians be ousted
- Why is potassium hydroxide used in petroleum
- Git has been revised
- What changes perceptions in art