What factors make civil war inevitable?
Thirty Years' War
is Professor of Political Science and holds the Chair of Political Theory at the Humboldt University in Berlin. He is a member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences. His most recent publications include "The Thirty Years War. European Catastrophe, German Trauma, 1618–1648" (2017). [email protected]
Could the Prague window lintel really have been the cause of such a war? After all, no one was killed in the process: the two Habsburg state holders survived the fall from the windows of Prague Castle, as did their secretary, which the rebellious nobles had thrown after them. Only one of the three suffered major wounds. In principle, this demonstrative act of rebellion against the Habsburg rule in Bohemia was something like a happening, in which an earlier lintel in Prague, in which the "defenestrians" certainly died, was re-enacted. After this act of resistance, the Bohemian King Ferdinand could have negotiated with the representatives of the estates; He would probably have succeeded in breaking open their temporary unity in order to subsequently find a compromise that was acceptable to both sides. His predecessors Rudolf and Matthias had done this repeatedly. Why did Ferdinand not follow her example?
- Are there tech startups in Pakistan
- What type of Jiofi WiFi router is the best
- SAS Online is a reliable stockbroker
- How do I check someone else's PAN number
- Gluten is just wheat
- Why do children misbehave
- Why do narcissists hate our clarity
- Can someone sell their pension for cash?
- What is meant by fatigue failure
- What is Westphalia
- What was Beeru's wish for Super Shenron
- What are the best Ayurvedic products
- What is the most soothing sound
- What is your favorite emo band
- What career involves developing the latest smartphones
- What are the basic principles of GTD
- What is Elimination Communication
- Why do people hate different opinions
- What are some pyrography art pictures
- What color toilet to paint
- How do I write a rental agreement
- What is oop methods
- Why are tomatoes so easy to grow?
- Will Microsoft Windows be free at some point?
- What is it like to date a psychopath
- What is cassava starch production process
- What is discrete computing
- Where can I sell Bitcoin in Kiev
- Can Kamala Harris win the 2020 presidential primaries?
- How do you make yourself learn more?
- Blog commenting is really dead for SEO
- How do you feel about career coaching
- What does it mean to be shrill
- Which store has notoriously poor customer service