US presidents also don't take bribes
Andrew Johnson: This is how the US got rid of the craziest presidents
That he became president was due to a crazy coincidence. It wasn't intended. And it quickly turned out that he was completely unsuitable for the highest office that the American Republic has to bestow.
“The President of the United States,” wrote one reviewer, “has such a unique combination of shortcomings in the position of constitutional officer that he was only able to gain a chance to govern the nation badly through a haunt of fate. Both dishonest and stubborn, both devious and unreasonable, both vain and in a bad mood, both hungry for popularity and arbitrary in his disposition, of fickle mind and firm will, he combines in his character the seemingly opposite characteristics of demagogue and demagogue Autocrats. "
The president was "so selfish it bordered insanity" and "surrounded himself with flatterers and schemers". He was a racist. There were wild rumors that he was in league with America's enemies. And he got into a violent conflict with Congress because the House of Representatives was controlled by members of the other party. In the end there was impeachment proceedings.
We're talking about Andrew Johnson, the 17th President of the United States. He came to power in 1865 because Abraham Lincoln - after getting America through the worst of the conflict
- What is gene ontology
- We live in a mathematical universe
- Did you get tickets for the final?
- Is Alex Trebek smart
- Does raspberry ketone supplement work
- At what age do professional golfers typically retire?
- Where can I download secure e-books
- Las Vegas is getting cold
- What if a sniper misses
- How does Lysol kill bacteria and germs
- What are relay sockets
- How are Medicare premiums calculated
- What are some basic algebra tips 1
- All radiation is electromagnetic
- Will the GDPR kill all sellers
- What is the Ophelia Complex
- What doesn't give you goose skin
- The Broncos would fire John Elway
- Did your brother ever defend you?
- Is the promotion of entrepreneurship good for the economy?
- How hostile to Islam is Greece
- What is Allen's success mantra
- What does arbitrage-free mean
- Who would win Kimimaro against Izuna Uchiha?
- What is the Winter Solstice Festival
- How well Messis dribbles
- How does consciousness create this world
- Which is better BA Coporate or BBA
- Why do you own a hybrid car
- What is meteorological drought
- Why is science limited by the physical
- May men get flowers
- What are the metaphysical presuppositions of science
- Most seeds sprout within 7 days