You just die
It's not that easy to die - review: family drama without focus
The father is not really dead yet, the daughters are already distributing his inheritance. It's just stupid that a little later, the man who was believed to be dead hops through the olive grove.
When Lotte (Ursula Karven), Rebecca (Sandra Borgman) and Steffi (Anja Schiffel) meet at the airport, each of the three sisters has to carry their package. While Lotte is still at odds with her ex-husband, Rebecca is overwhelmed by looking after her new boyfriend's child. And Steffi has one fight after the other with her pubescent daughter Jule (Laetitia Adrian). The occasion that brings the siblings to Mallorca is anything but pleasant. Her father Kurt (Michael Gwisdek) is in a coma after a heart attack. The women expect a farewell - and a juicy inheritance. Their father makes it that easy for them in the ZDF film "It's not that easy to die", which is now shown as a repeat at prime time, but then it doesn't.
Arrived on the South Sea island, the sisters meet their mother Renate (Michaela May). The nervous completely confessed to her comatose husband that Rebecca was not his daughter at all, but arose from an affair long ago. The confession becomes even more of a problem when Kurt wakes up unexpectedly. Annoyed, the senior moves away with Rebecca's foster son Jonas (Jude West) and on top of that decides to buy an olive grove from the mysterious Amazon Carla Cortez (Natalia Wörner). While the children worry about the dwindling inheritance, Renate is honored and wants to get a divorce.
With "It's not that easy to die", director and screenwriter Maria von Heland has big plans. At its core, the 90-minute film shows a family that appears to be intact on the outside, but on closer inspection shows clear cracks. The relationship between the couple Kurt and Renate has stalled over the years. While she has kept her affair a secret for years, Kurt enjoys a more or less serious affair with Carla. The now grown-up children have also become strangers to each other. Her search for togetherness and indulging in memories is one of the film's few strengths.
Unfortunately, von Heland is not satisfied with the disintegration of family relationships and the wounds and conflicts that are inherent in them. Instead, she adds absurd storylines to the film, which leave an unbelievable overall impression. Almost every character in Mallorca is granted an unexpected love story. Lotte hooks up with her father's doctor and Rebecca takes a liking to lawyer Daniel (Max Hemmersdorfer). If that weren't enough, the latter two still share a secret from the past that changes everything.
"You don't die that easily" could have been a homogeneous and touching family drama. But due to the many side scenes, the film loses its focus and in the end it gets bogged down. The sensational top-class cast and a heartbreak finale with a handkerchief guarantee don't help either. In this case, less would definitely have been more.
Source: teleschau - der mediendienst GmbH
- What is the foreign policy process
- Are all Awakened Twin Flames Lightworkers
- Why is Ethiopia so important to the Rastafarians
- Is the Helvetica font in the public domain
- Ecommerce development services from our experienced developers
- What's at Sleeping Beautys Castle in Disneyland
- What are similar games like The Witcher
- Is blackhat SEO risky in 2019
- Is the pilot shortage in Indonesia real?
- Who is in the band Caravan
- Let the Democrats read Donald Trump's books
- How many seconds are there in February
- How is a hoverboard powered?
- What is a 911 dispatcher paid for
- How do smartphone cameras adjust their focus
- What are the ingredients of the terroir
- When will you be using the React Router
- Which electric vehicles are coming in 2020
- What is mutual induction
- What are your guilty joys in music
- How is it in Venezuela
- What does the word Toertchen mean?
- Why turn sugar sweeter than sucrose
- How does YouTube automatically adjust the video quality
- How does ICT affect public administration
- What's in kosher salami
- Where does the Georgian alphabet come from
- Why has data mining become so popular
- Why does rocknroll persist
- Use dedicated server RAM to speed up the website
- You can have a credit score of 900
- How to charge the crown chakra