Who provides a free domain
Domains: you have to pay attention to this
The internet address as a marketing tool
You need a website so that you can present yourself, your company, your offer, your services on the web and make new contacts. The preparation of the content will be an exciting time and you will probably spend a few hours with your web designer, if you are not using a ready-made template for your website.
In order for your page to have its place on the web, you first need one in addition to the storage space (web space) Address on the Internet, a domain. In the next step you have to make sure that your page is found - but that is a chapter of its own.
1989 - The first website goes live - without any picture
A domain is a unique name on the Internet, an absolute address through which you can reach websites.
Simply put, this name consists of several parts separated by dots. The rightmost part of the domain name is highest in the hierarchy and will be Top-level domain (TLD) called. Let's take the domain as an example info.cern.ch - by the way, this is the address at which the first website in the world was to be found - so is - "ch“Is the TLD.
In the First level domain brands and company names are mostly used, in our example this is "cern“.
Right at the front, the "info“Will mostly Subdomain called. Companies like to use sub-domains to be able to directly advertise areas of the website. "de.wikipedia.org "leads us to the German-language pages of the free encyclopedia,"fr“To the French.
Subdomains are conventionally used to separate services, e.g. B. "www" for the web server, "mail" for the web server, etc. are used.
How to get to a domain
Professionals will help you here. There are a number of providers who take on this task as providers or registrars. In most cases, you will assign this task to a service provider with whom you already have a business relationship, i.e. your Internet provider or your IT service provider.
Your domain will be sent to the responsible Registration authority registered and is protected worldwide. This entry is comparable to an entry in the commercial register. You will be named as the official domain owner and Admin-C and thus have all rights to the domain applied for.
Domain names: what you need to consider
As the domain owner, you must ensure that no rights violated become.
In particular, by registering the domain you must not interfere with the rights of third parties (naming rights, trademark rights, copyright, UWG etc.) or violate them. Your registrar acts as a mere agent on your behalf and manages your domain.
You should therefore be careful when choosing a name.
A few of the most important regulate:
- Beware of foreign brands or foreign company names, names of celebrities, magazines, films, software. Before you set up a "fansite" and use a well-known name in the domain name, it is essential that you obtain permission to use the name.
- Similar to brands, names of companies and persons, work titles are also protected.
- Names of cities or municipalities are only allowed to register these themselves. This also applies to the names of state institutions.
- We also strongly advise against so-called typo domains of third-party brands - e.g. mircosoft.com - there are juicy claims for injunctive relief. Typo domains make sense if your own name is often misspelled ;-) In such a case, reserve similar spellings right away.
- When registering your domain name, consider registering .at, .co and .com right away, a .com address gives your company an international touch - and it would be a shame if someone else reserved it. You may then have to buy them at a high price later.
- If you have your own brands on your website, it is advisable to register not only the company name but also the brand names as domain names.
Your domain entry will also have contact details saved. Make sure that these are always up-to-date and that you always keep your contacts and their email addresses up to date.
Domain name for e-mails too
So pay attention to whether your provider provides you with e-mail addresses with the domain name or whether you have to purchase this service separately. With UPC Business, for example, e-mail boxes and storage space are included.
That brings several domains
When you register your domain name, you probably think of your company name right away. Beyond that, think about it, because it can make perfect sense to register more than one domain name. Here are a few reasons:
- Put one of your offers, a key product under its own domain in the spotlight. You use this domain name to advertise it. You don't even need your own website to present your special offer, you simply redirect to a sub-page of your existing website.
- Try one "speaking" domain, i.e. a "self-explanatory" domain name and support your activities with your own website. A nice example of this is Trachtenpaerchenball.at from Almdudler: You know immediately what it's about. Maybe you have an advertising slogan that is known or should become one? Register this as a domain. If it does not "hit", you can cancel this domain again, the deadlines are not that long and the fees are generally not high.
- Secure yourself a variant of your domain name. A measure that can have a positive effect on the results in the search engines. If you have a name that is often misspelled, you should also register the "mistypes" before someone "snaps" them away from you.
- To back up Get business-relevant domain names, before there is a competitor makes.
- Makes you live longer with more oxygen
- Is the physical geography better for IAS
- Who is Samantha Saint
- Should Groenland be independent
- Are zodiac signs correct in their predictions?
- Is connectbud com reliable
- How do people harass Trump supporters
- What is the best natural cure for anxiety
- XBRL is used in accounting firms
- Donald Trump goes to the bathroom
- How is AMU for MBA
- How important are probiotics in today's world
- Liberals are more stupid than conservatives
- Did Karen Carpenter prefer to sing or drum
- Where can I sell Bitcoin in Kiev
- Can Clarisonic Help Eliminate Acne?
- Why does Atlanta have so many trees
- How is a dissociative identity disorder caused
- Did anyone feel like they were in a limitless film?
- The band Incubus broke up
- You can synchronize Wunderlist with a calendar
- Can fallback girls become boys' boys?
- How and why did Taxila University flourish
- What is the secret to overcoming uncertainty