What do NHS commitments mean for Scotland
Study in the UK
2. Why the UK?
Baked beans, fries with vinegar, fried sausages for breakfast: Great Britain cannot boast a world-famous cuisine. Universities are different: with Oxford, Cambridge, St. Andrews and the London School of Economics - to name just a few - the United Kingdom is home to some of the most recognized institutions in the world.
This is also reflected in the rankings: The Times World University Ranking 2020 lists the University of Oxford in first place and the University of Cambridge in third place. The University of Munich, as the best university in Germany, ranks 32nd (it should be said that rankings are very method-dependent and therefore anything but precise). More information is available here.
But British universities are not generally better than German universities: the differences in quality between universities are much more pronounced than ours. There are many excellent universities - but also many bad ones. One of the reasons for this is that, unlike us, research funding in Great Britain is concentrated on a few particularly recognized universities.
Above all, the internationality of the students speaks for Great Britain. People from all parts of the world cavort at the better universities. You can make exciting discoveries: Students from different parts of the world have different learning rhythms.
You meet a lot of Asians early in the morning, while from nine o'clock the British rush into the libraries - there is a “9 to 5” culture in Great Britain. When most English people have left the libraries by six at the latest, the average skin color becomes darker: Suddenly, students from India, Africa and the Middle East dominate.
In general, Great Britain is a very hospitable country. In the supermarket, cashiers like to address you with “love” or “dear” and in pubs you can quickly come into contact with other people - especially if you have a clue about football.
The fairness of the British in everyday life is also legendary: battles are formed everywhere, even at the bus stop. At first glance, this seems strange to Germans with elbow experience, but it reduces stress and arguments and makes life easier for the weaker.
Large protests have sparked the significantly increased tuition fees in England from 2012 of up to 9,000 pounds per year. In 2017 the maximum tuition fee was increased again and is now up to 9,250 pounds. Medicine and management are even more expensive. The same limit also applies to Wales, but the state pays a large part of the tuition fees here.
It is cheaper to study in Scotland, where Scots and (UK citizens have to pay more) study the Bachelor for 1,820 pounds (Brexit will probably make it more expensive). Northern Ireland, on the other hand, is in the middle, the maximum tuition fee for the Bachelor is £ 4,030 here.
- How do I activate another Jio number
- What does a narcissist mean
- Why do loyal people become hypocrites
- Why did Itachi smile before he died
- Where's the next big guitar band
- How common is thumb sucking in adults?
- A completely broken muscle can still contract
- Where taxis are used more than Uber
- What are read confirmations supposed to do
- CPanel or Plesk What's your favorite
- Can I marry this relative
- What is easiest to recycle
- How many nucleotides make up a codon
- Why is the C language called portable
- What is a Renesas Microcontroller
- How do you make great videos
- What is the ratio of the concrete quality
- Is Indonesia ready for industry 4 0
- How far is Italy from Paris?
- Which Graco Travel System is Best
- Virginia City Montana is well worth a visit
- What are the negative effects of acidic
- How do graphic designers rate their work?
- Is a total Dhamaal hit or flop
- Which is healthier canned vegetables or fresh
- How can I start preparing for GRE
- How can a teacher teach photosynthesis
- Doctors can share drug test results
- What are the best books about Greece
- Is about a preposition 1
- Eating tiger birds
- What are the famous French swords
- Is Trump actually a threat to Cuba?
- What is Paterson NJ known for